"Verified Purchase" on feedback.

As per picture.

The words: "Verified Purchase" have now appeared on feedback.

I am guessing this is the work of some proud programmer who toiled all week to achieve this marvellous improvement.

I am imagining whooping and high fives all round the office when they finally came up with this.

Not sure of it's purpose. I mean what is an Un-verified purchase? 

But thanks anyway eBay. It looks cool.

varified.jpg

Message 1 of 69
See Most Recent
68 REPLIES 68

I don't see that on anyone else's feedback, and it isn't on mine. I wonder if it is something ebay are rolling out? I believe the phrase is used on Amazon reviews.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 69
See Most Recent

seems to be following in their footsteps, a bit like how Amazon had managed payments before eBay did 😉

Message 3 of 69
See Most Recent

I've always thought ebay wants to be like Amazon, but using your stuff as stock.

Message 4 of 69
See Most Recent

I always leave feedback for a seller so had a quick hop over to my feedback page, and my purchases are neither verified or unverified, but I have received them, all in goog order,  and that to me is all that matters.

Wonder what it actually means,  and for whose benefit is this information ?

Message 5 of 69
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'm not seeing that when I view your feedback either.

Whatever, it's a pointless exercise as a buyer can't leave feedback unless they've bought the item, thus it has to be a verified purchase.

Message 6 of 69
See Most Recent

I can see it on the OP's feedback, and can also see it on tressygirls and humptydp's.

I can also see it on my own feedback as well, so it seems once you can 'see' it,  you can see it everywhere.

It's still an unnecessary and meaningless 'improvement' though.

Message 7 of 69
See Most Recent

Perhaps it is only on the desktop site because I am not seeing this on the app

Message 8 of 69
See Most Recent

It's appeared on my feedback & a shiver has just gone down my spine . . . .

Is this a sign that feedback is being ruined sorry revamped???

Message 9 of 69
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

I can see it on the OP's feedback, and can also see it on tressygirls and humptydp's.

I can also see it on my own feedback as well, so it seems once you can 'see' it,  you can see it everywhere.

It's still an unnecessary and meaningless 'improvement' though.

Oh you can see I'm verified !  I'm not seeing it on mine when I check ?  Off to look again.

Message 10 of 69
See Most Recent

@litp*records wrote:

Perhaps it is only on the desktop site because I am not seeing this on the app

At the moment it seems to be user based. I see 'verified purchase' when I look at feedback with this ID both on desktop and phone, but I don't see it when I look at the same feedback on my other ID. 

Message 11 of 69
See Most Recent

It will be interesting when that phrase appears on a false positive left for a buyer who did not pay.

Message 12 of 69
See Most Recent

Or will another form of terminology be found for that scenario ?

Message 13 of 69
See Most Recent

I see it on all my feedback.....maybe we should ask the Ebay employees

Message 14 of 69
See Most Recent

@plpmr wrote:

It will be interesting when that phrase appears on a false positive left for a buyer who did not pay.

Here is one (not from my feedback, I hasten to add!). Still shows as a verified purchase - even though there was no purchase!

Clipboard04.jpg

Message 15 of 69
See Most Recent

@1956glyn wrote:

I see it on all my feedback.....maybe we should ask the Ebay employees

I just did.  Marco will get back to me when he finds out. I don't usually get answers, so we will see.

Message 16 of 69
See Most Recent

I've just checked my feedback and every single entry has had 'Verified purchase' added - including feedback left for me as a seller. I stopped selling on eBay when Managed Payments was introduced.

I'd guess that someone has added a new field to the database, hard-coded 'Verified purchase' and then added it to the data displayed. I have no idea of its purpose - as others have noted you cannot leave feedback if you've not purchased anything, so all feedback must be verified - but it's probably made a trainee programmer feel special.

If only eBay would fix the genuine problems rather than constantly faff about with unnecessary "improvements". The phrase "you can't polish a t**d" springs to mind...

Message 17 of 69
See Most Recent

I'm still not seeing it on mine or anyone else's feedback. I wonder if it's only on certain devices that it's visible? I use a laptop and am on Google Chrome.

******************************************************************************************