"Verified Purchase" on feedback.

As per picture.

The words: "Verified Purchase" have now appeared on feedback.

I am guessing this is the work of some proud programmer who toiled all week to achieve this marvellous improvement.

I am imagining whooping and high fives all round the office when they finally came up with this.

Not sure of it's purpose. I mean what is an Un-verified purchase? 

But thanks anyway eBay. It looks cool.

varified.jpg

Message 1 of 69
See Most Recent
68 REPLIES 68

Well there's a new fee to help pay for this +.

Message 61 of 69
See Most Recent

Question is can you leave feedback without making a purchase?

Message 62 of 69
See Most Recent

You used to be able to buy 1p FB... not sure if you still can - if so would that still count as a verified purchase, or a purchase not allowed but verified...

Message 63 of 69
See Most Recent

Thats my question canyou leave feedback without actually buying anything.

Seems completley pointless to me, but as someone metioned, a college somewhere will be getting a high 5 for it.

Message 64 of 69
See Most Recent

Ebay Feedback has always been a mix of reviewing the service by the seller, and the item itself, and this sits uneasily with that in mind.

Eg the item could be fantastic, let's say a brand new Boden cafetiere, but the seller packaged it unreasonably poorly, loose in a box and with some rats' droppings included and it arrived broken, so how can the Feedback be related to Boden in that case? Especially in terms of whether anyone else should buy the same product elsewhere.

Or maybe the item was something soiled or badly damaged, but, the seller sent it promptly, packaged it well, and the condition/quality was clearly indicated in the description and reflected in the price, so if the buyer was to be silly enough to complain in Feedback, how can that reflect fairly on the seller, especially when "for spares/repair" etc is a common type of listing, and a very useful one, too?

I mention these two examples to illustrate that product quality, and seller's service which may determine who others buy from, are completely different things.

I just saw this new bright wheeze of "Verified purchase" (it came up for me between page views today) and my heart sank, it feels like yet another solution looking for a problem to solve, and only succeeding in annoying everybody else.

Message 65 of 69
See Most Recent

@moldosgifts wrote:

Thats my question canyou leave feedback without actually buying anything.

Seems completley pointless to me, but as someone metioned, a college somewhere will be getting a high 5 for it.

You can buy something, return it and still leave feedback.  It would still be a verified purchase.

IMO feedback and % score matters less and less on Ebay these days.  Many buyers don't care.  My feedback is 100% positive and I struggle to make any sales at all despite being the cheapest.

Message 66 of 69
See Most Recent

On mine, some are showing with the label along with some without which must not be verified? lol. The whole point in eBay feedback was that it was always verified 

Message 67 of 69
See Most Recent

A Verified Purchase :  

Ebay only then will release the Held money, to then Pay the Seller for any sold item/s?

Would this be correct in my understanding of this process,

which would then lead me onto the :

"Verified Purchase" on Buyers or noted on Members feedback, 

Some havent got the "Verified Purchase" shown , so have the Sellers of the items still been paid from Ebay for any sold item thats not displaying it?

Because i have just sold an item which seems i'l have to pay postage as ebay fee wiped all cost of that from its total sold price. So after i then front money to pay for the postage, I would have to then await for the Buyer to hopfully be promt to inform Ebay... Thus to then Pay me back for this sold item. ?

Now previous experence of Selling on Ebay was mixed at best of times: But waiting for a buyers feedback was hard enough and people do seem to want to try so #PrivateSelling #EbayUK Will I be 100% OK without Risk?

A very worried UK Non Bussiness private seller: 

Message 68 of 69
See Most Recent

You can buy something, return it and still leave feedback.  It would still be a verified purchase.

That would be a purchase then. Ive had 7,000 plus feedback to test that theory.

But you cannot just look at something then leave feedback having never actully purchased it.

Message 69 of 69
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: