eBay Buyer Delivery Advice WORSENS

A little while ago I posted here about the inaccurate advice eBay was giving to sellers about expected delivery dates.  Far from improving, it has now become worse.   I offer a standard 2 day dispatch & use a 3-5 day courier service.  The original problem arose because the flawed algorithm used by eBay failed to exclude non-working days i.e. weekends & Bank Holidays, when most carriers do not work.   

Now, the situation has become absolutely ridiculous as dispatch times appear to have been excluded from eBay estimates.  A sale paid for to-day has been told by eBay that delivery is estimated from THREE DAYS time.    It is ludicrous to continue, by being blatantly misleading, to create opportunities for customer dissatisfaction & poor feedback for sellers.    If I was misrepresenting my services in this fashion I'm sure I'd be penalised for it.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Re: eBay Buyer Delivery Advice WORSENS

For crying out loud will these clowns ever stop interfering?

We were very annoyed when eBay highlighted some of our listings with 'FREE 3 day postage' on items that are sent via economy post unless other postage options are selected, as this does not even infer that this is an EDD. 

But today we find thay eBay have taken this a step further and have now highlighted some of our listings with 'Free 2 - 3 day postage'... What the hell!

In the meantime, in the real world - not eBays fantasy world where everything is pink and fluffy - with our next day dispatch, a 2nd class RM item will normally take somewhere between 4 - 5 days to be delivered... if we are lucky.

In our listing we now have eBay stating that our economy RM 2nd class postage EDD is 22nd - 23rd March, the exact same EDD as RM 1st class.

But here's the kicker, eBay have stated that our RM '24hr Tracked' postage option will arrive later than standard RM economy 2nd class, showing EDD as 23rd - 27th March... What!!!

So sick of eBay's meddling.

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

No,  i cannot beat that one.  However i sold an item on 18th, paid for after 2pm and i was the first person in the post office on the 19th (opens as usual at 9am).  Entered the tracking number before lunchtime, according to e bay i entered the tracking number at 4.12 AM on the 19th...  I must be a time traveller.  The info on the sold item also says tracking provided and then tells me to post by 20th!  Of course it also says that the the 'arrives today 20/3) and that is RM 2nd....  Good job i do not worry about it or i might be a nervous wreck..   E Bay do not know whether they are on their head or their a...

Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

Three items sold yesterday evening 19 March - dispatched today 20 March 2nd class.

First item EDD 22 Mar 2024 - 26 Mar 2024 (OK-ish)

Second item EDD 21 Mar 2024 - 25 Mar 2024 (OK-ish)

Third item EDD 20 Mar 2024 - 21 Mar 2024 (Not OK)

All items bought and paid within minutes of each other - same criteria applies to all three but three different EDDs - heaven help BH if someone had bought a fourth.

eBay’s “it’s working as planned” = basically destroying itself from within.

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

Ebay is becoming an absolute laughing stock.  Just what the hell are they playing at?

Postage options and EDDs have become meaningless and useless to buyers, and counter-productive and detrimental to sellers. 

I have got to stop coming here as evertime I do I get more ANGRY

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

Hi

Many sellers including myself have reported this to ebay CS and also on the Wednesday weekly chat at 2pm.  Ebay claim no issues and it is working fine blah blah blah.

We have been getting several messages from buyers asking "where is my parcel" as they are going by the false made up delivery dates from ebay.  It does not matter how quick we send the items, we cannot beat ebays EDD.  Yet when you go on the couriers website directly, the delivery dates are correct.

As sellers we look incompetent liars.  As you have already mentioned it opens us up to have negative feedback through no fault of our own.

Keep reporting this issue to ebay.  

Best wishes

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

Dispatch by 25 Mar at 11.59pm GMT

Make sure you send your order within the dispatch time you specified in the listing.
Estimated delivery date shown to buyer: 23 Mar 2024 - 26 Mar 2024

We have 3 day dispatch set which ebay ignore when giving customers an EDD
Telling customers they should expect their order 2 days before we post it !
This is with 2nd class selected.

Lots of unhappy customers, messages every day and negative feedback received.
We have 3 day dispatch set to try and avoid the dissapointment for customers.
We actually post next day but the EDD are still unacheivable.

Ebay tell us this is working correctly

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

I am hoping that sellers bring it up at the Ascot ebay roadshow.

Although I bet they have been told to say "Its working"

Best wishes

Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

We have just received an ebay survey, so for whatever good it will do, we've marked quite a few things down and made known our feelings on this farcical EDD nonsense. 

If you get a survey I suggest you do the same... perhaps the penny might start to drop with these muppets then.

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: