Why cannot I cancel an auction !!

Ebay is so stupid. I am so fed up with it !

I was selling an item. Someone then correctly informed my product description was wrong but I now cannot edit the description or cancel the auction.  There are perfectly good reasons to end and auction why don't they let you !

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

You have to have 12 hours plus to end an auction.

You have minutes left,  but you  can still cancel the bid and watch the auction till then end cancelling bids as they come in and hope you don't get a last second bidder / winner.

https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

@stewmcgh 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

No. Cancelling the bids does not work as so many people bid at the last minute/second. The answer is to let the auction run. Explain to the winner what what they bid on was not correct. They can choose to continue to purchase or cancel the sale. Or you can decide to cancel the sale yourself after the auction.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

True, most bids can come in the dying minutes even seconds of an auction,  so you would need to watch to the end, and still may receive that last second bidder winner.

You can let the auction run, and cancel the sale at the end, but this is very bad selling,  and eBay do not condone it, and will place penalties on your account for doing this.

Be aware,  if the buyer disagrees with your reason for cancelling , they can leave you negative feedback, eBay charge you a seller fee,  and place a damaging defect on your account.

It doesn't take too many defects to close your selling account down permanently. eBay don't like disappointing their buyers, they tend not to come back to their site.

@stewmcgh 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@stewmcgh wrote:

No. Cancelling the bids does not work as so many people bid at the last minute/second. The answer is to let the auction run. Explain to the winner what what they bid on was not correct. They can choose to continue to purchase or cancel the sale. Or you can decide to cancel the sale yourself after the auction.

So what did you do?  Apart from relist as your original buyer obviously didn't want it.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent