Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in sales this April?  I normally sell around 3 to 4 items a day, and we've sold a total of 2 items in 2 weeks!  We've tried promotions, sales and all haven't worked.  We're getting rather desperate, I've tried every known trick (been selling on ebay for many years) and nothing is working.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Yes, although I sell in a different category to you, exactly the same.  I found that sales starting falling about a year ago and despite trying sales, reducing prices, sending offers, promotions etc. nothing has got me back to the 6-7 items a day I used to sell (for higher prices than I now sell for).

Also after the recent "no fees" for private sellers in the clothing category, but business sellers still pay full whack,  I am now just wanting to sell my stock and am not replenishing it.

Such a shame as I loved selling on ebay and have for many years.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

It's been a mixed bag this month, it started really slow, but then it picked up, selling more higher value items than usual, now it's gone dead again, only lower value items selling and only a few of them.... so I expect to have a lot of sales over the weekend! Famous last words!

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Same for me. March was an average month but April has been well below. On my main account I usually selling 4-6 items a day and try and list new items as much as I can but this week it has been 1 item sold a day and I have listed 75!

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

For info, one of your foot stools is up for auction with a start price of 99p.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Hi

We are all in the same boat, a year and a half ago my sales were about £4500 a month,  every month it got less and less tile now it is around £450 - £500 a month.  I have tried everything including promoting,  I slowly reduced my items on Ebay from around 2300 items to a couple of hundred as the sales would not justify the buying stock and would definately have went bust with the same level of stock and low or no sales .   My fees are now I think around £60 odd pounds.  compared to the fees I paid a year and a half ago.  I cannot understand it Ebay must be losing money because of less fees paid.  Just keeping my fingers crossed for change and using other avenues for selling.

Kind regards

Robert

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Yes, I get the impression it's a case of IF YOU MESS WITH SOMETHING LONG ENOUGH, YOU WILL BREAK IT!!!

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Yes I know, that is intentional.  We made it in the wrong fabric, so just want to get it sold, and I've posted the item on my facebook, so have managed to get a few bids since then.  Thanks though 🙂

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

@chairs-for-little-cherubs wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in sales this April?  I normally sell around 3 to 4 items a day, and we've sold a total of 2 items in 2 weeks!  We've tried promotions, sales and all haven't worked.  We're getting rather desperate, I've tried every known trick (been selling on ebay for many years) and nothing is working.

Sales have been declining for several months. Despite sellers being led to believe that people aren't spending money, this isn't the case. The bottom line is that eBay has become a hassle for both buyers and sellers alike with so many glitches and issues, that many have moved onto other online sites to buy & sell.

Personally, I've also noticed that I have a maxmium number of eBay sales per month before listings are no longer seen, which is exactly why I'm also listing my personal items on other platforms. My max to sell on eBay is 8 per month, I've already done that and haven't had a sale since.

Today, I've sold 4 items on another platform that doesn't have any issues with the number of personal items I sell. And best of all, it's totally FREE to sell 😏❤️................ 

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Hi everyone 🙂

April sales are better for me than March, maybe it depends what we sell?

What other Free platforms do you use?

For vintage items.

Thank you 🙂

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Sales have been dropping off for a while now and its at a really low ebb.

Thinking on pulling the plug here as its not worth the monthly fee TBH.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Vanishing Ebay Sales!

Two things:

• eBay running out of advertising budget. At certain times (like the middle of march) eBay pull all ads from Google and Facebook (well I can't see them and have been monitoring this for some time). This leads to the tales of eBay is broken, all my sales have stopped.
  • Cost Of Living Payments - The Tory bungs to poor people have stopped. A lot of this is headed in our direction and now it doesn't.

I think that can explain the lack of sales for here and elsewhere. 

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: