Unsure if this is a scam buyer.

Hello esteemed eBay members.

I listed a motorbike yesterday and have received a message asking:

'Hello there Hopefully you're doing well fellow eBayer! I'm dropping a line to find out more about the current status of your listed item. I'm really interested in learning more. Thanks abunch'.

The message has some grammatical mistake, refers to the bike as 'listed item' and calls me 'fellow eBayer'. On the benefit of the doubt I replied to see what they would like to know.

The response was:

'Could you share the service history and current condition? Also I prefer using (P P) for payment. If yes, please share your (P P) info mail address and name so I can proceed with payment. Once that's done I've already organized a removal for collection. Looking forward to your prompt response'.

I've stated in the listing I accept cash on pickup. Never heard of PayPal being referred to as (P P), they've already 'organized' a removal for collection. The eBayer profile was created 1st April (aprils fools perhaps?) and has bought two items with good buyer feedback.

What do you think? I'm getting 'scam' vibes but wanted to get a second opinion. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Unsure if this is a scam buyer.

@eastern-lights wrote:

There is of course absolutely no reason he can't pay with Paypal through ebay. Without knowing OP's email address. So yes, absolutely a scam.

Apart from the fact that it's not a payment option on the listing.

Message 21 of 21
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: