Unfair feedback?

Hi all

Recently I sold a vaseline. The title states that its a vaseline petroleum jelly. The description states this and that its protecting properties. I sent the item to the buyer within 12 hours of purchase. The item arrived with them in 4 days as its Xmas, that's not bad. 

The buyer was not happy as the tub of vaseline says "vaseline protecting jelly". Instead of vaseline petroleum jelly. I purchased a return label. Royal mail showed a picture of the buyer refusing to send the item back. 

The buyer then left me negative feedback stating it took ages to be delivered and item was not as described and called us jokers and that he cannot understand how we have 100% positive feedback that he would give minus score if he could. 

I asked ebay to kindly remove it as I felt it was unfair. Ebay have reviewed and decided to not remove the feedback to my AMAZEMENT. 

Is thus justified? Is there anyway that I can get it removed?

Thanks

Margaret. Qualitydeals4u 

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Unfair feedback?

What a nasty, hurtful buyer. Some people really are just plain evil. Obviously block them, but keep persisting with eBay's (lack of) Customer Service. If that fails, you can always try them on X (ex-Twitter) where are they far more helpful (they seem to be the efficient Irish employees) or even try emailing the CEO.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Good Afternoon QD

Annoying and harsh. I am afraid that having appealed the negative and been rejected all you could possibly do is to ask the buyer to revise their feedback by sending a revision request form. 

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

It's happened to most of us at one time and this time of year seems to be favourable for the red dot. Your reply to feedback was truthful and precise. Don't let it worry you. You have great feedback and a good business. Have a happy Christmas. The red will soon disappear down the listings.

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Thank you.

I still feel as though Ebay sides with buyers too often. Which i think is worse for their marketplace in the long run as sellers will be put off the site, meaning less sellers and possibly less variety at competitive prices.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Thank you.

Some people are harsh and evil. I have sent them a revision politely, but I somehow do not think they will alter it. I'm not on x, but I may sign up to do this  

Thank you and have a great Xmas all.

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Sorry I meant to ask, who do I get the email for the CEO? Google?

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

I think one negative in 900+ feedback says more about them than you 😉

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Harsh feedback but not evil, as the item was mis-described.   Vaseline petroleum jelly is a completely different product to their protecting jelly.  

Just treat it as a lesson learned, we learn best by getting it wrong.  Go back to Vaseline and let them know they sent you the wrong jelly.  But at the end of the day your supplier messed up, or you inadvertently ordered wrongly, which means you messed up.

Why not  apologise for not realising Vaseline had sent the wrong product and offer to send the buyer a tub of vaseline petroleum jelly free of charge  if she removes the feedback?  You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Thank you 😊 

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

OK, but vaseline themselves sent the vaseline protecting when I ordered vaseline petroleum jelly and it has petroleum as an ingredient and the buyer blatantly lied about the delivery taking ages as it was delivered in 4 days with myself posting within 4 hours. 

But, the idea of offering a vaseline with the word petroleum for free is a good idea, or to offer a full refund.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

I don't think it does contain petroleum jelly, it certainly isn't just petroleum jelly, it's a moisturiser.  I only know this because was recently advised to use Vaseline on my dog's wound by the pharmacist in Boots, and she commented to be sure it was the petroleum jelly and not the protecting cream, as only the first would heal the wound.   So actually a BIG difference.  

Of course we all use 'Vaseline' to describe petroleum jelly like we use 'Hoover' to describe vacuum cleaners.

Could be your buyer has an urgent medical issue, so she blew the delivery out of proportion as well.  Who knows, but folk are funny like that.

Fingers crossed she has calmed down and is willing to remove the neg, but if not,  everyone will read it as an over reaction.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Hello thank you for your reply. But it was a male not a female not that that's important. It also states on the ingredients "petroleum " so it does contain it, but I understand your point of view. 

Thanks

Margaret 

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Also I forgot to ask. Are negatives feedback automatically removed after 12 months? As ibhave only been operating almost 12 months.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

They are never fully removed,  that is , a buyer if they wish can scroll through pages of your feedback to find it,  but after a full 12 months has passed this seems to be timed to the second,  your feedback score will return to 100% and the neg will not show on your Feedback ratings part which show received in periods 1 / 6 / 12 months.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Hello tressygirl. Thank you and I literally had no idea as I have a negative feedback that shall in that case be removed soon. 

Have a great Xmas

Margaret 

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Is it legal to send a petroleum product through the mail?

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Not sure you do.  My point of view is that you advertised the product wrongly, and therefore the customer wasn't sent the item she believed she was buyung, but that you can still resolve the negative feedback by explaining it was a mistake brought about by you being sent a different item to the one ordered, by the manufacturer and offering to rectify the error by sending a free correct item, if the feedback is removed.  

I don't think this is feedback extortion, as it is rectifying an error to the customer's advantage.  Though if course eBay may not have the same point of view as I.

Good luck, I do hope you get it resolved.  My point of view is that feedback is an unnecessary stress on eBay sellers.

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Yes as the amount is so small. You can also send perfume with Royal mail, which is a lot more flammable or batteries even

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback?

Vaseline protecting jelly and petroleum jelly both have one ingredient: petrolatum. They also have the same design container, unlike Vaseline's other products. I think they just changed the name because protecting sounds nicer than petroleum, especially on skin

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent