Sold an item but there's an issue

Sold an item but can I cancel and get my fees back, should have checked earlier but assumed there be no problems.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

When an item sells eBay immediately charge their seller fees.

If you wish to cancel,  you do not say why you wish to,  then you need the buyer accepting the reason for cancellation,  and accepting the request.

They are then fully refunded,  your seller fees are refunded,  and your seller performance not affected.

If they do not agree to cancel,  you will pay that seller fee of 12.8% plus 30p based on the price sold, gain a defect on your account and possible negative feedback.

eBay see  unrequested cancellations  as upsetting the buyer, who then tend not to return to eBay,  so the penalties for not completing a transaction are high.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I think that even if the seller cancels for a reason of their making, e.g out of stock, they only get left with the 30p fee.  When we queried this ebay reps said it was because the selling defect was the bit that did the damage. 

papso22_0-1707828335132.png

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Oh thank you @papso22   putting that one in my ' memory bank',  seem to be slowly recalling that nugget of rules now too!

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent