Quick question about INR

Quick question. I have looked at other posts, but they seem to be offering conflicting advice.

I have an INR on the go at the moment. I have tracking, and the item was stuck in USA customs for about three weeks over Christmas. Checking the tracking today (10th), I see it changed yesterday, and appears to be en route now, although it's still in New York, and has to get to Nashville.

eBay has told me to resolve this dispute by 11th (tomorrow). My buyer is willing to allow it to go longer, as it now seems to be on its way, but understandably, he doesn't want to close the INR, just in case.

Will eBay step in automatically if I do nothing by 11th, or does the buyer need to request them to close the request?

I don't want ebay to close it, and give me defects, but I also don't want to refund the buyer today or tomorrow, only to find it gets delivered the next day. Hopefully, the buyer will re-pay me, but experience suggests otherwise.

Any advice appreciated, particularly if you have had this experience.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quick question about INR

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

When the INR due date is reached eBay won't take any action unless the buyer escalates the case. If a buyer escalates a case and there is a recent tracking update showing that item is in transit then eBay's normal action is to put the INR case on hold for another two weeks, to allow time for delivery.

If your buyer is in communication and being reasonable then in this instance I think it would be safe to do nothing. If buyer does nothing then INR stays open, if buyer escalates then eBay should put case on hold.

From buyer's perspective it is reasonable to leave INR open while item still in transit. If there is no further action on the INR case then eBay will eventually time it out after a further 3 weeks or so and close the case. Or a helpful buyer may close it sooner once item received.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Quick question about INR

I've had 3 International parcels not arrive on time, but they did arrived eventually.  As eBay cases had been opened I had refunded, but the Buyers did repay me. 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Quick question about INR

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

When the INR due date is reached eBay won't take any action unless the buyer escalates the case. If a buyer escalates a case and there is a recent tracking update showing that item is in transit then eBay's normal action is to put the INR case on hold for another two weeks, to allow time for delivery.

If your buyer is in communication and being reasonable then in this instance I think it would be safe to do nothing. If buyer does nothing then INR stays open, if buyer escalates then eBay should put case on hold.

From buyer's perspective it is reasonable to leave INR open while item still in transit. If there is no further action on the INR case then eBay will eventually time it out after a further 3 weeks or so and close the case. Or a helpful buyer may close it sooner once item received.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Quick question about INR

Thanks, I hoped that would be the situation. Even eBay's own help pages are a little vaugue on this.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent