Not getting views sales

Have given as much detail as possible when listing items, tried promoting listings, tried free PP, tried make an offer even tried reducing items. Can anyone help please

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Not getting views sales

I have had no sales for the last 13 days and only 6 sales over the last 31 days and almost no feedback. Aint got a clue what is going on, sales overall have been poor for the last year. Hence I will not be listing any new items as there is no point any more. Have personally given up on this site. Good luck to all the other sellers leading up to Christmas.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

This month I've made a loss of over £100.....

.....I used to make £10k a month.

Go figure that one out!

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Same thing is happening with me - Very little views and NO SALES for the 2 weeks.

Ebay have definitely done something with their searches recently and it ain't good !  😞 

NO SALES ANYMORE. 

EBAY IS NOW DEAD.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Q&A today at 2pm for all your questions on this matter.

But expect the usual intelligence insulting answers 

Astronomy is looking up
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

I had four sales yesterday after three completely dry months. How? Put up some expensive craft supplies in great condition for approximately 1/3of what I know they would have sold at a year ago. Total bargains. They went within the hour but my 'normal stuff' (at reasonable second hand prices) sits and sits. 

It was also the first time in months I listed and didn't use an 80% of fvf offer, but that's a different conversation. 

Luckily I'm just making space after a couple of years of doing too much shopping myself and not trying to live on eBay earnings. 

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Rather obviously perhaps in these trying times buyers simply may not be willing to spend money on this type of article delightful though they be.

Another thing that may put people off is that either you are making these items or are buying them in to sell. 

You seem to be registered as a "private" seller whereas you should be registered as a business seller.  This gives buyers an additional level of protection to return items [for whatever reason] at their cost and a different fee structure with eBay.

It would be wise to sort this out with eBay before they get round to you and possibly apply account sanctions.  @atchy34 

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Totally agree. Buyers have stopped buying due to the present economic climate. List items that are a proper steal and they are still as keen as mustard. Nobody will accept it though, to some it remains a complete mystery why they're not clearing £1000's a month on luxury items any more. 🙇🏻‍♀️

Disappointing, but if you're not running a business (which OP seems to be) better than nothing. 

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

You should also be registered as a business hippyshick. the taxman would not be happy about you selling on a private account

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

I had 1 yesterday, 3 today. Won't be making any money as be spent on postage 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Look up ebay optimization for listings to experiment with different key words in your titles. Try and alter your listing titles to have the first four key words describing the item specifically, because these first words are what other internet search engine's algorithms prioritise during search results. Avoid unecessary words.

Example of yours: New HANDMADE Black Cord,Smoky Grey Crucifix Cross Punk Goth Pendant Necklace

Change to: Goth Crucifix Pendant Necklace Handmade Grey Cross Punk Style Black Cord 18"  (or to that affect).

(Goth Crucifix Pendant Necklace) - first critical 4 words descibing what the item actually is.

Add length in title, and experiment by adding women's, unisex or men's.

No need to have NEW in the title (sometimes I do) or Smokey, as these can be added in the condition and description for further details, and item specifics. Try to use up all the characters in the title and think of new words to descibe something if nothing is happening for a while. 

A good tip is to end listings that are 45 days old, list them again as sell similar (do not use relist).

Every day, or as often as you can, select all your items in listings to edit, then refresh all by simply pressing submit, this shows ebay's algorithm that something is active and it should push your items up the search results pages. 

Play around with photos, EBAY and google favours white backgrounds and ideally 10 or more photos.  

Adding 14 day returns will also boost your search results. If a buyer changes their mind they have to pay return postage anyway if you don't offer free returns. You'll have to accept returns on items that are not as described/ faulty. 

When promoting at the minimum, do 2.2% to keep ahead of the average seller who just does 2%. 

EBAY loves new listings and will actively push your items further forward in the search results if you list daily (if possible of course).

Select international postage to GSP and you'll instantly be open to 100s of countries and millions more buyers. All you have to do is send the item to GSP centre in UK (just like you would to any buyer) and they do the rest. Very simple as GSP will forward your parcel on the the buyer and take responsibility of customs/ taxes etc. You simply post to a UK address and job done, nothing more to do.

Hope that helps. Keep altering your listing's key words, add excitment and a personal touch to descriptions, and add as many item specifics as possible, including parcel size and weight for GSP.

P.S. Youtube has many good videos to help us with low sale issues. It's helped me but I'm also experiencing low sale volumes due to people's mortages rising/ food increases etc. Less expendable income out there.

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

epizo369

Very good advice...

Just wanted to add that it is also a good idea to alternate the first few keywords in a different order when selling the same or similar items otherwise eBay may flag listings with exactly the same keywords as duplicate listings and hide/not show them all in the searches when buyers go to search for similar items which are what you may have for sale...

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

@atchy34 wrote:

Can anyone help please

Only God can help with this one. Definitely no one here can.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

I echo the general sentiment - Top Rated Seller 100% feedback all items promoted at 10% + so giving ebay atleast 20% of every sale but no sales. Customer Support helpfully suggested I start an add campaign with a daily budget of £ 15 which they suggested would potentially lift sales by 50%. I of course pointed out that a 50% increase on zero sales is still zero sales but I don't think they got the point.

Diversify to survive - experiment with OnBuy, Amazon Marketplace, Vinted, DePop and Etsy.

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Add to usual money shortages that it is holiday time of year which is often quiet too.

Will probably perk up late August.

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Hi 

I have it on good authority that ebay are having a serious problems with both promoted standard and promoted advanced listings not currently working, neither in the US or here in the UK , and have been for quite some time,  we are currently down 5-6K  per week we have all of our 4471 listings on permanent standard promotion and a few select products on promoted advanced, eBay are happy to charge us 57% for that privelige but are not keeping up their end of the bargain, come on eBay get your finger out.

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

I do wish that eBay come to their senses and get rid of "item specifics"

This is a real pain and makes it almost impossible for buyers to find your items if you fill it in wrong or forget to fill it in at all !

I want the eBay of the 2000's back again where it was easy to make REGULAR quick sales and get paid the same minute your buyer had paid via PayPal.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Not getting views sales

Hi It is the same for me,  sales and watchers dropped to zero.  it probably wont happen but hope Ebay go back to last year the way things were.  at least I was making some money,  I have been listing over the past 4 - 5 months on other platforms keeping my head above water.  Tried promoted listings did not work no change.  My fees have went from I think around  £600 a month to £60 a month I am listing fewer items in auction and reduced the amount of items in my shop,  I have not purchased new stock for 3 months now,  pointless spending and not selling.  I hope things change for you and me in the future.  but no holding my breath.

Kind Regards Robert

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent