NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS

FOR SOME REASON BEST KNOWN TO THEMSELVES EBAY DO NOT ALLOW SELLERS TO LEAVE BUYERS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YET BUYER CAN LEAVE FOR SELLER. I UNFORTUNATELY HAVE FROM TIME TO TIME HAD NON PAYERS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY DESERVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BUT CAN’T LEAVE UNLESS UNDER “POSITIVE “ HEADING WHICH IS SIMPLY MISLEADING. IF YOU SEE BUYER HAD 100% FEEDBACK YOU ARE VERY UNLIKELY TO READ THROUGH TO SEE IF ANY ARE NEGATIVE 🙈🙈🙈🙈 IF YOU REPORT NON PAYER TO EBAY THEY CAN SEE YOUR FEEDBACK IS 100% TRUTHFUL. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. DON’T FORGET NO SELLERS NO EBAY, YES OF COURSE THAT APPLIES TO BUYER. WE NEED TO BE WORKING ON LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

Message 1 of 125
See Most Recent
124 REPLIES 124

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

eBay stopped sellers leaving buyers bad feedback because seller were abusing feedback.

Unfortunately sellers still abuse feedback and you are a case in point, the false positives you leave for buyers are serious feedback abuse.

Best learn all the rules to protect your account and hit these buyers with unpaid strikes in line with the rules instead of breaking the rules..

Message 2 of 125
See Most Recent

You have been an ebay member for 20 years and for more than half that time sellers have been unable to leave negative feedbacks for buyers.

When you get a non payer you use the cancellation process usig "Did not pay" and buyer automatically received a non payment strike on their account. If they receive two strikes they find it almost impossible to bid/buy on the site as most sellers have their blocks in place to block non payers from bidding on their items.

Leaving negative comments on a green dot is not only a policy violation which the buyer can report you for, but does absolutely no good because all you have done is add to your buyer's positive feedback score.

It sounds as though you have found dealing with this buyer a positive experience.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 3 of 125
See Most Recent

It's an eBay policy violation to leave a negative feedback for a buyer,  hence a buyer can only have 100% good feedback.

The leaving of negative feedback was banned many years ago,  because some sellers were abusing the feedback system.  For example,  some were holding back items until a buyer left good feedback for them.

eBay have excellent tools for dealing with non payers.  This is how to proceed if your buyer has not paid in 4 working days.

eBay  also, do send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then,  if there is still no payment when this time lapses,  proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason ....  Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub,  go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage,  from there select All transactions.  Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike,  they are only allowed one.  If they gain another,  they will not be able to buy from the majority of sellers,  for a full 12 months.

If they keep gaining these strikes,  eBay will remove them permanently,  from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Even if a negative feedback was allowed,  most sellers sell items in a Buy it Now format,  so there would be not time to read any 'warning' feedbacks.    Far better to use the tools outlined above,  which will in little time remove a member for life from the site,  if they continue to buy and not pay.

Message 4 of 125
See Most Recent

Interestingly you admit on one of your  "negative positives" that you have left the feedback for the wrong person and will sort it with eBay.

How's that coming along ?

Message 5 of 125
See Most Recent

ebay always favaouring buyers.  yet seems to forget without sellers there are no buyers or ebay for that matter.  but ebay still bites the hand that feeds it, as they know there isnt another platform like ebay.

Message 6 of 125
See Most Recent

If only all sellers who are not paid would use the Non-payer system every single time. 

It would weed out most of the timewasting non paying buyers who would - perhaps unexpectedly - find themselves barred from much of eBay.

@merv9104 

Message 7 of 125
See Most Recent

eBay is a business and that means their whole aim is to make money and the original source of that money is the buyer.

Message 8 of 125
See Most Recent

Or the "non" buyer via non refundable seller costs like reserve's ,ad fee promotion's and unsold classified ad's.

Message 9 of 125
See Most Recent

Why on earth would you want to leave negative feedback?  What would it achieve?  And do you want reciprocal negative feedback yourself?  Quid pro quo!

Sellers getting upset about none payment has got eBay into such a tizz that they have introduced pre authorisation for offers and they are going to somehow roll it out for auctions and, of course, buy it now,

There is a saying 'be careful what you wish for!'

Instead of the disappointment of finding that the buyer has reneged on a purchase by not paying, now sellers have to deal with returns instead.  And every single return costs sellers money.

Straightforward change of mind - outgoing postage.

Buyer decides it was not as described, outgoing and return postage.

Don't accept returns, well then you have to accept if buyer is switched on and decides it is not as described, or even damaged.

And, just in case they might fall foul of misrepresenting the reason for return, damage it.  Outgoing postage, return postage, damaged item has lost value.

And now add to the equation, because pre-authorisation doesn't prevent any of the above losses, the positive is now they might decide not to offer, but so might many other buyers decide to not make offers.  One of my buyers didn't understand why they had to prepay last week and didn't go ahead with the offer on an item listed especially for them, because their bank had emailed saying it looked like a fraudulent action!  And I've not gone ahead with offers when I've yet again got to faff with additional banking authorisation, or when I wanted to use a different payment method.

And let's not get into the problems of combined postage, inability to change postage options, click and collect etc etc etc.

So what will happen now is eBay will be chuffed that they have solved a problem, and it will be solved, and eBay will continue to make decisions without discussion about our sales - but when fewer buyers buy, is that not a Pyrrhic Victory?

Message 10 of 125
See Most Recent

"FOR SOME REASON BEST KNOWN TO THEMSELVES EBAY DO NOT ALLOW SELLERS TO LEAVE BUYERS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" - actually, this is also known to many people who use eBay to sell and to many on these forums. It has been explained countless times. And there is no need to shout.

Message 11 of 125
See Most Recent

Given that the current feedback system is not fit for purpose (in fact, it’s entirely counterproductive) it makes no sense to reintroduce sellers leaving feedback for buyers when it was withdrawn for perfectly good reasons. It only ever allowed bad sellers and buyers  to look good because they effectively extorted undeserved positives from othe4 members in a mutual back-scratching exercise. 

Somehow, buying and selling takes place everywhere else (online, car boots, small ads, and on the high street) without anyone so much as dreaming of the crazy notion that shops, etc should review their customers. 

Message 12 of 125
See Most Recent

While we’re on the subject of knowing the rules, doesn’t the OP have an unusually large number of new handmade goods for sale on a private account?

Message 13 of 125
See Most Recent

Too right we need a level playing field. You could start by registering as a business like the rest of us!

We should be able to report private accounts who trade as/like businesses.

Message 14 of 125
See Most Recent

Indeed they do.

Message 15 of 125
See Most Recent

probably against the the rules but i always leave  " thanks for  bidding  and not paying" much appreciated for non payers

Message 16 of 125
See Most Recent

Indeed it's against the rules and, like OP, you are protecting non-payers and damaging other sellers by leaving false positives.

Message 17 of 125
See Most Recent

@jow1995 wrote:

probably against the the rules but i always leave  " thanks for  bidding  and not paying" much appreciated for non payers

By doing that you are "letting them off" not paying and complimenting them on their behaviour.

You are also allowing them to go on and do the same to some other poor buyers. 

If you would only go through the non payment process and hit them where it hurts, with a strike, you would be doing the whole community a favour.

******************************************************************************************