Item sold, but I'm not well at the moment

Buyer bought one of my items, but i have been unwell for several days, so don't know if i can stand in a queue at the post office. I have told the buyer this and they are holding off paying until the end of month. But said only i can cancel the the sale. Will ebay be happy for the delay in payment for a week or two or should i cancel the sale. There is only three reasons to cancel, but illness is not one of them.  Any advice please.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You do not need to leave home, order via royal mail and use the free collection service , they will collect it from your home. 

Hope your feeling better soon .

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

As long as your buyer and you are both happy with the arrangement you have made, eBay will be happy (they'll never know). However, when you do send it, DON'T add tracking numbers into the transaction. If you do, eBay will class it as a late delivery. You can add it later if there is a problem with disputed delivery.

You should also apply your "time away" settings, as your other listings are still running. It wasn't really a good idea to start a load of auction listings, if you're not well enough to deal with shipping.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

If the buyer hasn't paid after 4 days eBay will give you the option of cancelling for non payment.

But if you use that reason it will give your buyer an unpaid item strike.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent