How do I send an invoice?

I listed several items with "Collection" and no postage option offered.

However a buyer has "won" three items and needs them posted.

I've told them how much I need for packing and posting them but he wants an invoice from me before settling the purchases.

How do I do this - I cannot see an option for sending an invoice anywhere!!

Help!!!

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you sell items and they appear in your 'sold' listings, there is the option to send an invoice.

However, as you listed the items without a postage option, you cannot now charge or collect the postage through Ebay.  This would have to be between you and the buyer.

If you are happy to post the items, you will have to let the buyer know the cost via email and they will have to pay you via a Paypal request or a bank transfer.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Hopefully someone comes along with a solution for you.

I list/sell many collection only items.

However if a buyer "needs them posted" is no concern of mine... the items are listed as collection only for a reason.

If you are talking about the furniture items you have sold there is no way I would consider shipping those.

Buyers do not get to dictate what you should do with your items.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

When you sell items and they appear in your 'sold' listings, there is the option to send an invoice.

However, as you listed the items without a postage option, you cannot now charge or collect the postage through Ebay.  This would have to be between you and the buyer.

If you are happy to post the items, you will have to let the buyer know the cost via email and they will have to pay you via a Paypal request or a bank transfer.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Dont!

Tell them that the items are listed as collection only and if they want to organise their own courier, then that's fine. If you post the furniture (if is is the furniture) or arrange a courier, you are responsible for any damage and trust me, you would have to pack it extremely well so it would work out to be more expensive than the cost of the items.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Thanks for the advice.

This was clothing so not too difficult to do this time but in future I think I'll tell them to organise a courier service from their end

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Thanks for the advice.

I will do as you suggest.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Thank you for the advice which I will follow in the future

This was the clothing so not too awkward to do as a one-off - I added extra to the postage amount for packaging and handling.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Thanks for your response

For some of the furniture people have arranged courier pickup, but as this was clothing I accepted their request without thinking it through!  Won't do it again

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

If it was only clothing, items will sell better if you list it with postage and not collection. It is only breakables and some valuables ( phones, computers etc) which is best to leave as collection only. Best of luck.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Providing your buyer has won the items then you can send them an invoice featuring a combined postage cost (even if these were collection in person listings).

You'll need to use a web browser, you won't be able to do this with an app.

Find the items you're wanting to combine payments for - In Seller Hub, select Orders.

Select Send invoice next to one of the items you'd like to include in the invoice.

On the next page, you'll see all items purchased by that buyer.

Change/add the postage price..

To preview the invoice, select Preview invoice before sending.

To send the invoice, select Send invoice.

@samlaw007

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Thank you for your comprehensive response.

I have screenshotted it for future use.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You're very welcome.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent