Got a ps5 to sell and buyer only made ebay acc today

So he or she say they will sort out fund with ebay once I accept the offer so say I post it out then they try to pull a fast one I'm not lost my ps5 that I'm trying to sell any idea from people that sold on here for a while my 1st time and don't want get any scammer I want me money  ps not made the  offer final yet thank you for the help in advance 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You do not send the item out until eBay have sent you a message that the buyer has paid.  Send it fully tracked only to the name and address eBay provide on the delivery details for the order and to no other.

If an offer has been accepted,  they should be instructed that they have to make an immediate payment, unless you have specifically removed this new ' feature / option'  from your Site Preferences.

Listen to no excuses from them,  eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Block all non payers and troublesome buyers from returning to your sales here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

You do not send the item out until eBay have sent you a message that the buyer has paid.  Send it fully tracked only to the name and address eBay provide on the delivery details for the order and to no other.

If an offer has been accepted,  they should be instructed that they have to make an immediate payment, unless you have specifically removed this new ' feature / option'  from your Site Preferences.

Listen to no excuses from them,  eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Block all non payers and troublesome buyers from returning to your sales here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you for the fast response I really appreciate this 🙂 thank you so much I feel much more confident and comfortable knowing this 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You're very welcome.

Tracking, full insurance cover if the item requires it,  and keep those proof of postages safe for at least 6 months too.

@dame-4724 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Make sure the message you get about being paid is from eBay and not Paypal, scamers fav trick to make you believe it has been paid for and you ship it out

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: