Funds on

I've been selling for around 3 months now. I've sold a lot of items. So far no funds on hold. Great feedback etc. 

Tonight I've made a sale and my funds are on hold... 

I tried contacting the usless customer service agents via chat to get my funds moved to processing, the response is just computer says no. The agent was also rude using !! At the end of sentence which did not help my mood.. 

The agent said, when the item is delivered I will get my money. My funds are " safe here " lol.. 

However I asked them what if the postman does not mark as delivered? Response.. It's ok we will ask the buyer ... 

So I have a dilemma should I ship the item and be at the behest of a postman marking the item as delivered / honestly of the buyer or should I simply cancel the order and pull all my other listings?

So far selling has been handy but If im gong to get this constantly now im done with eBay selling.. 

I can't be having funds on hold. 

Any opinions here send or pull listing refund buyer? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Funds on

@*vyolla* wrote:

You should've just sent the item to the buyer.

It's been explained that payments are often held for new or infrequent sellers, but that a tracking number showing delivery or your buyer leaving feedback will release your funds sooner. 

However, if you no longer wish to sell your items on eBay then it's a good move to end them. Obviously, your buyer of the cancelled order may still leave feedback and report you for not going through with the sale. 

I was going to send, however upon checking the user feedback there was a red flag. Feedback stating user claimed for refund when item was fine or something along those lines. 

I cancelled and politely apologised explaining the situation with funds on hold.

As menationed Royal Mail have already left one of my items unmarked despite the buyer leaving positive fb for the item, it's tracking is still saying the item is in Swansea MC lol..

We can't always rely on fb not everyone leaves it, and some people take months to do so, as I'm finding out. 

I'm an honest person, but life has taught me people in general are dishonest,  especially where money is concerned. I can't be reliant on a buyers honesty / feedback or a posties ability to do his or her job. I am selling items to raise funds, I'm not a business, so I can't risk losing the item and the money.  The user's feedback was the biggest factor in the end here, more so than funds on hold tbh. 

I've pulled all my high value items and left fodder. I'm not bothered about these items so if they sell and go on hold, that's fine, I'll let eBay do its thing with those.

Hopefully there will be no repercussions for me cancelling. I couldn't have funds on hold with expensive item sent to user with questionable fb. It's just how it is, in a perfect utopian world eBay's policy are fine.. In the real world.. Not so good.. 

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Funds on

Anyone? 

Should I cancel the order and end my eBay journey or should I send it and see what happens? 

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

Hi:-)

Send your items by a tracked method and then put the tracking number on the item you have sent in your sellers account. The tracking number gets verified before you can save it on the item. Also, don't forget to hit the dispatch notice on the item from the drop down menu, as it used to be that once you put a tracking number on an item, the system automatically sent the buyer a 'shipped' notice, but this stopped a few weeks ago:-(

This should help you get your funds quicker and should then stop future holds providing your account remains in good standing and/or you don't take a break from selling on eBay.

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

@tressygirl, What are your thoughts? I know you aren't cynical like myself. Would you send the item? I'm worried if the postman does not mark it as delivered I will lose my money. The customer service agent said they will ask the buyer, now anyone who gets asked this is gonna say no I've not received it. I'm so frustrated. I've sold loads now, no problems. 

And why on a Sunday when I can't contact customer service lol. 

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

If you send the item tracked and put the tracking number it, the tracking will automatically update once the item is delivered or attempted delivery is made.......

Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were waiting for a personal reply from a particular member. I  thought it was an issue that you needed to get resolved now:-)

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

Thanks, 

I always purchase the postage label via eBay, QR code tracked RM. Will this speed things up?

So far I've sent a few items via this methods, not had any items on hold. Im really concerned that the postman will forget to mark as delivered ( I've already had one not marked as delivered, luckily honest buyer who left positive fb ). So relying on RM to mark it / honest buyer is not ideal. 

it's my money and my item.  Why are they doing this when I already have a good sales history? 

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

Interesting what you say about the system auto sending shipping notice, but update has stopped this. I'm wondering if the update is why I'm now hit with bs funds on hold.. 

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

" Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were waiting for a personal reply from a particular member. I  thought it was an issue that you needed to get resolved now:-) ? "

What do you mean by this? Any input from anyone welcome and appreciated greatly! 

I don't need to put in tracking because when you buy the label via eBay it does that automatically. 

Should I risk it and send the item or cancel the order?

If I cancel the order will I get postage refunded? If I cancel the order will it be possible for the buyer to give me negative fb?

Why do they do this bs? 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

@bits_n_bobs_heaven @ You should know I didn't see your reply before I tagged the other user, who has been very helpful to me in the past on here.. Because, I was still on the page and it had not refreshed.. Please don't take it personally... 👌

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

When i first started on Ebay ,20 years ago,i only got payments by Paypal and i was expected to trust the buyer and post straight away out of my own pocket and receive the payment to my bank within 14 days.

Never had any issues.

In those days other humans could be trusted.

Shame things are possibly not the same now.

OP,if you cancel sales it won't end well......................

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

What will happen if I cancel the sale mate?

It says in my account that funds will be sent once deliver is confirmed. But as stated RM have already not marked one of my items as delivered so that doesn't fill me with confidence. The customer service agent told me they will ask the buyer.. Obviously this is stupid.. We all know why... 

So here are my options send and risk losing the item and the money, send and hope it's all ok, cancel the order and shut down my other items? Which should I do? And why? 

Thanks to all for input here. 

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

Saved myself a massive headache cancelled the order. I'm putting my other sales on hold for now. Game over ebay you just lost a good seller! 

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

It's been explained that payments are often held for new or infrequent sellers, but that a tracking number showing delivery or your buyer leaving feedback will release your funds sooner. 

However, if you no longer wish to sell your items on eBay then it's a good move to end them. Obviously, your buyer of the cancelled order may still leave feedback and report you for not going through with the sale. 

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

@*vyolla* wrote:

I was going to send, however upon checking the user feedback there was a red flag. Feedback stating user claimed for refund when item was fine or something along those lines. 

I cancelled and politely apologised explaining the situation with funds on hold.

As menationed Royal Mail have already left one of my items unmarked despite the buyer leaving positive fb for the item, it's tracking is still saying the item is in Swansea MC lol..

We can't always rely on fb not everyone leaves it, and some people take months to do so, as I'm finding out. 

I'm an honest person, but life has taught me people in general are dishonest,  especially where money is concerned. I can't be reliant on a buyers honesty / feedback or a posties ability to do his or her job. I am selling items to raise funds, I'm not a business, so I can't risk losing the item and the money.  The user's feedback was the biggest factor in the end here, more so than funds on hold tbh. 

I've pulled all my high value items and left fodder. I'm not bothered about these items so if they sell and go on hold, that's fine, I'll let eBay do its thing with those.

Hopefully there will be no repercussions for me cancelling. I couldn't have funds on hold with expensive item sent to user with questionable fb. It's just how it is, in a perfect utopian world eBay's policy are fine.. In the real world.. Not so good.. 

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

@tranceenthusiast wrote:

@bits_n_bobs_heaven @ You should know I didn't see your reply before I tagged the other user, who has been very helpful to me in the past on here.. Because, I was still on the page and it had not refreshed.. Please don't take it personally... 👌

I haven't taken it personally, I can assure you:-)

I just made a suggestion based on years of experience on the forever changing eBay system.

I'm sorry to see that you decided to cancel the order when if you'd simply sent the item by a tracked method and uploaded the tracking information which is checked by eBay before it's added to the item, you could have easily completed a sale safely:-)

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

Thanks to all for replies,

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

I'm glad you didn't take that personally, but I am wondering what the reply was all about? 🙃 

Ok thanks for the input, so have you ever had funds on hold? If so what was the outcome?

I just couldn't risk it especially with a bad fb buyer. 

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

Also with your years of experience you should be aware that tracking is all done automatically when the label QR code is purchased through eBay. I don't believe there is any reason to add anything as it's all there the second you buy the label.

You'll be pleased to hear, I now have to wait up to two weeks for my postage label refund now. 😁 

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

All I can say is eBay today you have lost a good seller who has 100 percent positive fb. Well done. Perhaps rethink your approach? 

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Funds on

I'm so sorry I didn't see your post @tranceenthusiast  it came in way past my bed time as you can see from this post I'm a very early riser!

I see you had good advice from the others, but I'm afraid I would have followed there's too , if asked that is,  I would have sent the item.

Holds are placed at various times for different reasons.  Being a security measure eBay will not reveal how many and when they are placed,  but they do wish to see that the genuine seller is still using the account,  that it's not hacked, and the buyer receives their item.

Tracking showing delivery will always win out in the seller's favour for any case of item not received.

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: