Feedback

Hello,

I know this is not an issue with eBay service, but maybe worth to mention.

Do you find it a bit annoying with buyers not leaving any feedback?

I dont mind when it is a little thing for couple of quid.

But I've had so many situations when  eg. I sell an item for couple hundred quid, roughly 25% below market price, make sturdy well secured package, dispatch it via Special Delivery (cost on my side)... and never hear from buyer again..

I always leave my feedback first as a seller (straight after payment received).

I wish you all a nice weekend.

Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback

Yes I gave up worrying about feedback and figure no news is good news with a lot of the buyers these days.  I always give feedback after receiving positive feedback from a buyer but otherwise I don't worry about it.  I probably receive about 40-50% feedback on the sales I get.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

Feedback

For me it's the other way around as a buyer.

For every 20 feedbacks i leave i usually get about 2 back.

For me though it doesn't matter as i can only have 100% positive anyway and i'm more interested in the items i buy than any feedback i might receive for doing so.

When i was a seller though ,feedback from buyers was all important as it helped my reputation and selling ability.I would never pester a buyer though ,i always just let it happen naturally if at alI.I did sell a lot of items though so if only 10 % left feedback it showed that i was active and genuine.

Message 2 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Yes I gave up worrying about feedback and figure no news is good news with a lot of the buyers these days.  I always give feedback after receiving positive feedback from a buyer but otherwise I don't worry about it.  I probably receive about 40-50% feedback on the sales I get.

Message 3 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Annoyed regarding feedback?

You have received 1,712 feedback and left 1,570 feedback

Message 4 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Oddly enough I've just had an item arrive today for which I've decided not to leave feedback...  An unusual light meter; the seller's late Father's apparently.   They didn't say it was non-functional; which is kind-of 'OK' by me as it's well obsolete and is wanted as a display item to add to a collection anyway and didn't cost much.    - More annoying than anything. 

I don't feel I can leave positive feedback for this... giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they didn't know it didn't work; not really understanding what it is and what if was for or how to operate it.  - Neutral feedback isn't justified either; and there's no point in making them feel bad.  So we'll let it lie.

On other occasions a commercial organisations does no more or no less than expected of it...  And I'm disinclined to respond to trite automated feedback from them.  - Do I give Tesco a pat on the head every time I get a carton of milk from them?  No.     ...On other occasions; well it's a case of mebbe aye, mebbe naw!   

There have been many times when I've left positive feedback which damns with feint praise or just said nothing.  It depends.

- If everything is promoted then nothing is promoted... and many are defrauded!
Message 5 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

As a seller it doesn't annoy me, but I am concerned that hardly anyone leaves it these days. 

If you don't get much +FB & someone comes along & negs you then the account will probably fall below standard & then you won't get the offers & you may end up paying even more in fees.... it's a downward spiral I think as visibility is reduced, but you need to sell more to get out of it...

Ebay have also made it more difficult to leave any, or see if you have been left any <as a buyer> too with their design changes.

Message 6 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Feedback is not taken into account in determining a seller's standard, it's the defects for INR or SNAD cases that count for that, as well as the cancelling for out of stock etc, but the cases (and hence defects) often go hand in hand with negatives. 

Message 7 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

The last neg I got was for a <false> SNAD & I didn't sell anything for months after it, so it must have been the defect that affected it most, although a neg looks terrible it you have very little FB. 

Message 8 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

I have a competitor who sells a very similar item.

I am on 100% feedback and he is on 92% yet he gets more sales !

Work that one out.

Message 9 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

"I have a competitor who sells a very similar item.

I am on 100% feedback and he is on 92% yet he gets more sales !"

...Possibly a few factors in play.  The first thing that srpings to mind is eBay 'throttling'. Is it possible though - given the nature of you products - that your competitor's negatives are from eijits that couldn't put a plug on a toaster, let alone populate a pcb or even use a built-up module effectively?    ...Certainly as someone with a bit of experience I'd tend to look at what they were complaining about before writing the seller off.   

Message 10 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

There are some sellers I buy numbers of items from and leave 1 feedback (even when bought 5-10 different items combined to one parcel).

I hope that helps.

Thank you for your input.

Message 11 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Good idea, will do the same.

Message 12 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

I think we all been there, but when I am not 100% happy with my purchase, I always (almost) let the seller know.

I ment no response, contact nor feedback eighter.

Message 13 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

..... and he is on 92% yet he gets more sales ! .....

With the MBG in place, is it at all necessary for a buyer to look at a seller's feedback?

Message 14 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Hello Nigel,

there isn't any logic there.

Another example - I am sellig item X for 50 pounds "buy it now" and nobody is buying.

There are few other auctions with exactly the same item X, and sometimes people are bidding 52 or 55.

Message 15 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

The only real boon in receiving feeback (unless it's changed), is that your late delivery percentage is based upon those who answer the "did it arrive on time" question in the feedback process. Given that people are more likely to leave feedback when they are dissatisfied, this can have a disproportionate effect on DSRs, particularly if you're not a high volume seller.

Other than that, it's nice to have good feedback, and incredibly annoying to receive negative, as, in my experience, more than half of negatives are unwarranted.

Message 16 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

"With the MBG in place, is it at all necessary for a buyer to look at a seller's feedback?" 

Yes, absolutely...  the MBG (a) isn't always effective and (b) isn't a 'floor to dance on'.  Particularly if an item is expensive, most legitimate buyers will be looking for a painless transaction.   Certainly; I don't want the hassle of having to return things - nor can I really be bothered with the conflict.  And if I want the item i want the item - not more bl***y admin - I get enough of that at work!      

...It's not just the number I'm loooking at; but the nature of any 'complaints' and how the seller handled them.

Message 17 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Isn't it  actually a major issue for sellers?

Not too worrying for my main account, I get feedback at about 90%, but on another business account its 60%.  The late delivery rate report is based on feedback, not sales, unlike transaction and cases closed without resolution reports.  As feedback quantities go backwards, defect rates will automatically rise, very worrying!

Or am I reading the Seller Dashboard wrong?

Message 18 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

Don't let it bother you. You should worry more about being left bad feedback

As @9150simon  does, I wait for feedback from the buyer.

I then reply to it and leave them feedback. If they don't leave me any, I don't leave them any

Feedback isn't a problem to buyers unless you start getting a lot of negatives or neutrals and your percentage declines

I used to get agitated when buyers didn't leave any feedback but then I thought about shops in general. Do we leave feedback at every shop we buy from? I know I don't

*If you want to make enemies, try to change something - Woodrow Wilson
*It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Charles Darwin
Message 19 of 42
See Most Recent

Feedback

@plpmr wrote:

Annoyed regarding feedback?

You have received 1,712 feedback and left 1,570 feedback

Not a fair comparison

If someone buys more than one item from the same seller, only one feedback is counted for the whole transaction and there might have been 10 items bought

*If you want to make enemies, try to change something - Woodrow Wilson
*It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Charles Darwin
Message 20 of 42
See Most Recent