Fake accounts buy my item and then don't pay

Three times now I've had fake buyers who 'Buy Now' and then don't pay, don't answer and I have to wait the mandatory X days before I can cancel and relist.

It is the same item they are buying, nothing else!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Just add immediate payment only and then is solves the issue. I know it doesnt stop people doing it to others but it stops them doing it to yours.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Leaving false positives for non-payers is not the way to go [unpaid strikes is], all it does is signifies that you found not getting paid a positive experience.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

Check all of your settings in "Selling preferences" here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/uas/selling-pref

Ensure that you are blocking accounts with non-payment strikes as much as possible in "buyer requirements". 2 strikes in 12 months is as stringent as you can make it and I can see no reason not to set it this way.

Not sure if this applies to more than just the "make offer" option that you can select for your listing but also ensure that "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer" is checked.

If listing "buy it now" with/without "make offer" listing make sure that you check the box requiring immediate payment.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent