Ebay sellers that pay the fees have no protection its unbelievable

I sold items recently buyer missed the delivery changed their mind the tracking clearly states a redelivery needs arranging by the buyer (As I cant tell buyer when they need to be home) and ebay refund the buyer by debiting my account the same day with no chance for me to respond, despite the buyer not fullfilling their side of the contract to rearrange delivery if they miss the first delivery attempt.  I lost the item, the funds paid and the postage fee. Ebay did not even bother to check tracking status, how is it my fault the buyer cant be bothered to rearrange the delivery is anyone's guess. We as sellers are paying, ebay management are taking our money and they laughing all the way to the bank, we are the mugs here. 

Buyer opened a not delivered case ref: 5329695703

I suspect the buyer changed their mind at some point and didnt want the item having paid it but no truble ebay will debit my account without investigating.
He did tell me in ebay messaging relating to the case all sorts of stuff and blatant lies which is all visible to ebay but we know ebay dont care at all about the seller (fee payer).
Buyer told me some blinders: 1) Told me just claim insurance money from the post office. (Yeah right, I dont have 20 years and 50 milion to deal with the post office)
2) Buyer told me he didnt get missed delivery card and didnt miss the delivery as he was run over by a fork lift truck so he was home bound.
3) Buyer told me rearranging  RoyalMail delivery web page didnt work, he said then he went to pick the package up and they didnt have it.
(How did he do that if he was hurt by a fork lift truck?) Anyway you get the idea.

Seller protection doesnt seem to exist, there is an endless amound of web page links which are looped around and dont amount to anything just go back to square one 🙂 
I have come to the conclusion its the case of "Live and Learn" but I really am perplexed as to why the ebay fee payer has no protection.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

This is odd - and I have seen a few other sellers with the same sort of problem this last week or so.  It certainly shouldn't be happening the way you describe.   Perhaps eBay rules have changed recently.

Just out of interest, did your sale meet all these rules?

- tracking showed that item was posted on time.

- tracking showed delivery attempt was made on time (not after the eBay estimated delivery date shown to the buyer).

- tracking number was entered into the Item Not Received case correctly.

- tracking showed delivery was made to the right place (not the wrong town like Newport Gwent instead of Newport Isle of Wight).

- signature was obtained if the item was valuable.

If it did meet all those rules, you should have won the Item Not Received case, and it might be worth ringing eBay Customer Support and asking what went wrong.  If eBay made a mistake, they should refund your money.

Did they make the refund today (12th January)?  They've had technical problems today, which might be the explanation, if your sale did meet all the rules and they still refunded.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You need to check you were entitled to seller protection, identify which policy gives you it, and where, and then challenge eBay for why you didn't get it, referring to the policy when you do.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You should contact eBay and escalate this,ebay should not have refunded. Sounds like a system glitch

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent