EBay restricted my account my moderating the same sold listing twice. Help?

So I recently sold a 3rd party Optimus prime figure, careful not to include the term "Transformers" in the description or title. Hasbro reported it and AFTER I SOLD IT, I got a notification the listing violated the policy because it had transformers used in it, however my account was fine.

then just now, long after I sold it, eBay notified me they're restricting my account and hiding my listings, and preventing purchases, for literally the same item, after they moderated it and took no action.

can I appeal this or am I just screwed? I have 2 other listings that I now can't sell at auction that end before my restriction is lifted.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

You have two live listings and both have "Transformer" in the title.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I looked to see if they were genuine Hasbro and not knock offs, but one brand is 'Mechanical Alliance' and the other is 'Visual Toys' so total knok offs and not 'Transformers' at all.

@masw_1661  expect Hasbro to come after you again and this time ebay may close your account.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Are your transformers not genuine product?

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@masw_1661 wrote:

So I recently sold a 3rd party Optimus prime figure, careful not to include the term "Transformers" in the description or title. Hasbro reported it and AFTER I SOLD IT, I got a notification the listing violated the policy because it had transformers used in it, however my account was fine.

Optimus Prime is also a trademark owned by Hasbro; I expect Hasbro has trademarked most of the character's names in the "Toys, games and playthings" class. When you say "3rd party" do you mean unofficial, unlicensed merchandise? If so - and if you keep poking the bear - your ability to sell on eBay will likely be permanently removed in the near future.   

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent