Claiming for EVRI Misdelivered parcel

Hi everyone, I'm after some help please.

I sent an Ebay parcel via Evri tracked - which was purchased via ebay.

The parcel shows as delivered. However, not to the customers address. She contacted me and advised she'd not received it and could I try and find it. Closer inspection via Evri's own GPS shows it was sent to an address 4.5 miles away.

This is my first EVRI claim. I contacted EVRI via their chat but have just got automated responses suggesting I contact the sender for a refund?! I have replied to this giving them the proof of their mistake and asked them to either collect and re-dliver the parcel or give me a full refund. I'm not holding my breath.

So, I came on here for advice and followed the link to make an EVRI claim via someone else's thread.  That's where I'm up to at the moment. However, I don't want to start it if I'm doing it incorrectly and I only get one chance at making a claim.

The options are to claim for a missing parcel or a damaged parcel. I'm assuming I am still claiming for a missing parcel - even though technically, it's not missing? Do I include my postage separately as the claim is limited to the amount of the item I sold? Also, is there somewhere on the form where I will be able to explain what has happened? Becasue if there's not, they're just going to come back with 'proof' that the parcel was delivered - albeit, to the wrong address!

Also, at what point do I get the customer to open a case?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me!

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

@loads-of-life-in-me-yet wrote:

I sent an Ebay parcel via Evri tracked - which was purchased via ebay.

If you purchased the label via eBay you didn't purchase it directly from Evri - you purchased it from a broker called Packlink. Your claim therefore needs to be made with Packlink as that is who your contract was with - I suspect you'll need to choose the "Loss claim" option.

I suspect this won't be an easy journey for you.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

I had a similar claim with Packlink last week but it was Yodel - the Item was showingas delivered (was supposed to be returned to me) and it never arrived.  I refunded the buyer and put in a claim.

Pretty straight forward but at this point do not refund the buyer as you will need their co-operation as I was  asked to sign a declaration to say that I hadnt received the item so if you refund them they may not reply and you will then not be refunded as they wont honour the claim.  I was also asked to send proof that I had refunded so you need to get that signed form back from them before refunding.  

Open a support ticket via packlink (just click on postage labels on the left coloumn and find the order then on the right theres a drop down option to report an issue)   

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks so much for replying Yorkshire Flower. 

Alas, when I get the drop down list, I just get contact Packlink for customer support. Then, if I click that I'm taken to the claims procedure - as I've already mentioned. Which signed form are you referring to? 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Just open a support ticket and theyll send you the form.  Theyll probably not get back to you for 48hrs.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Yes, but I don't see how to open one? From the 'contact Packlink for customer support' I'm given options as follows:

- Labels

- Pickup

- Delivery

- Cancel

- Tracking

- Billing

- Claims

- Something else

Which one is it?

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent