Cancellation and non payment

Last month I was selling my mobile phone, somebody bid for it then almost immediately cancelled.  I just accepted it and thought I'd wait and relist the phone which I did a couple of weeks ago.  There were several bids but the wining bidder was the same person who had previously cancelled! I sent payment reminders but three days on have had no payment, cancellation nor any reply to my messages. I can't think what their game is. Anyway if they don't pay by tomorrow I can cancel and offer to next bidder if I want to.  It does seem crazy to have to wait all this time though when I'm sure the bidder has no intention of paying. I  believe I can block them after two cancelled transactions. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

After 4 full days you can cancel with - buyers did not pay - they get an unpaid strike, but each time you send a payment request the 4 day clock resets. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

You can block anyone at any time.   You don't have to wait for cancellations or non-payment.   Just put their ID on your blocked bidder list:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

OP, there is more than one way of blocking people. Make sure you are blocking people with a history of non paying from bidding

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

You can block anyone that has had two non payment strikes in the last twelve months.

To help this work though you should cancel citing non payment which means waiting four days; that gives them a non-payment strike.

No point sending payment reminders, Ebay do this automatically anyway and you doing it restarts the four day wait.

As soon as you get someone cancelling a bid, block them unless they re-bid almost immediately.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If a buyer doesn't pay they go on my block list straight away. They can waste my time once but not twice.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent