Can i sell an old shotgun converted into a lamp base

Can I sell an old shotgun that's been converted into a lamp base

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

It would very much depend on how you word the listing and description. If you use the main word, it will be removed so just quirky lamp would be the way forward. Also, only list it for posting in the UK and if it hasn't been PAT, be careful how you describe the working condition.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

@dead_mouse_industries wrote:

Can I sell an old shotgun that's been converted into a lamp base

As has already been mentioned, if you specifically used the word "Shotgun" then the listing may end up getting removed by eBay.  However, if you just used the name and model of the shotgun then you may get away with it.  So, for example,  let's say that the lamp has been made out of a converted Browning Auto 5 shotgun.  If you were to list the item as "Lamp base converted from an old Browning Auto 5" then you may get away with it, as none of those words would leap out at eBay like the word "Shotgun" would, and anybody who knows anything about shotguns will know exactly what a Browning Auto 5 is - or whatever other make and model of shotgun was used for the lamp base.  Therefore, use the make and model of the shotgun in the listing title instead of the word "Shotgun".

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I would make sure your chosen courier will actually accept it even if it is only part of the shotgun as not all carriers will accept it 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I can't imagine what this lamp will look like, I'm totally looking forward to seeing this listing!

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: