Buyer wants me to change a negative feedback to positive

An buyer wants me to change a "already negative experience" to a positive and I don't think that's fair.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

U can't leave buyers negative feedback?

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Are you the seller then?

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Nooo, what I mean is that I left a negative feedback couple of days ago. I did get a refund from the seller like an month ago. She messaged me on eBay telling me to remove the feedback and I told her, I couldn't do that and she had to do a feedback revision.

I got it today and she wants a positive feedback after my negative experience with her. I had to get eBay to step in and couple of things she didn't mention in the description.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

I meant seller, not buyer.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Sorry, I'm stupid. I meant seller. I was the buyer.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

If you don't want to revise it, don't. 

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

If u don't want to. Don't. Pfft no buyer has eevr changed their negative feedback for me even tho ive tried to make them happy lol

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

@diana-16_1 wrote:

I had to get eBay to step in and couple of things she didn't mention in the description.

If you had to get eBay to step in I'd be inclined to leave the negative as it is.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

If you felt that the experience was a negative one then don't let the seller bully you into revising it to positive.  If you were to revise your feedback and made it appear that you had a positive experience then your revised feedback would only serve to mislead other potential buyers, who may end up having as bad an experience as you had with this seller, or perhaps an even worse experience.

In the event that the seller will not stop harassing you, add his/her User ID to your Blocked Bidders List, making sure that you've activated the "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me" option.  Given that you've recently been in a transaction with the seller the blocks won't kick in straightaway, but once they do then you shouldn't receive any further messages from the seller.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

I'm always of the view that we are all human and make mistakes or have issues, but it's not those issues that define a seller or business to me, it's how they deal with them. Had the seller dealt with it straight away and put their hands up, sorted a return and refund, i would have been inclined to change it, but given they didn't and you had to involve Ebay, i would leave it as is and hopefully they learn from it 😉 Do what you are comfortable with.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

There are two sides to this, as a seller I sent an item which was damaged by the carrier, I wrapped it well but they must have just slung the parcel into the van and broke the plate in two!   Result the buyer complained as soon as he received it and put negative feedback on my rating within the hour (how did this happen when I thought you had to wait at least a week or more to do that?).   Anyway within 3 hrs I had compensated him for the breakage but I didn't get compensation from the carrier and I requested that he remove the negative feedback but he refused !!   I think if they get paid straightaway like he did, he should not be allowed to damage my feedback.   I left a negative feedback for him in return but when I checked his feedback it had not been affected, another thing that I think is bang out of order!   Sellers provide eBay with their commission and are the lifeblood of their business, yet treat sellers really shoddily!   In future I will not be using eBay for postage which I think is a rip off service and I will be increasing my postage costs accordingly as I am constantly being billed for not enough postage costs, meaning I am selling stuff for nothing !!   eBay have refused to return my eBay rating, even though ALL my other feedback ratings have been excellent, they still took the buyer's feedback as gospel, despite what I told them !

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent