Buyer not collecting, do I get penalty if I cancel the order?

I have this buyer bought an item yesterday, he asked a time that we both agreed for him to come pick up.  When it's time, I did not hear from him at all, then I sent him a message two hours past the time asked if he still coming, then he replied two hours later said his car was broke down, need to arrange for another day.   

To me it's pretty rude as he didn't at least tell me about it that he couldn't come, and not even mention when he can come collect the item.

I'm thinking to cancel the order if he still  not have it collected after 7 days (will inform him as well), but do I get panalty if I cancel the order?  Will it effect my performance on eBay? 

Is 7 days time frame reasonable enough for a buyer to collect an item?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes,  7 days is reasonable, and if their car has broken down,  it does happen,  I would imagie that is their main conccern now,  especialy if it's needed to pick up the item,  they may not be able to give you an exact time before the car is fixed.

When it's nearing the 7 day period,  and if you still haven't heard,  then send them a message to say if you do not hear from them to arrange collection in ** days,  you deem the item to be unnwanted and will be cancelling the order.

If this should happen proceed this way:

If you are on My eBay Selling,  go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason, Problem with Buyer's Address.

If you are on the Seller Hub, find the item in Orders >>  Posted and Awaiting your Feedback.  Tick on the little arrow left of the item from the drop down menu which appears scroll down a little,  and cancel the order completing as above.

This will fully refund the buyer if they have paid, refund you your seller fee,  and your seller performance is not affected.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Yes,  7 days is reasonable, and if their car has broken down,  it does happen,  I would imagie that is their main conccern now,  especialy if it's needed to pick up the item,  they may not be able to give you an exact time before the car is fixed.

When it's nearing the 7 day period,  and if you still haven't heard,  then send them a message to say if you do not hear from them to arrange collection in ** days,  you deem the item to be unnwanted and will be cancelling the order.

If this should happen proceed this way:

If you are on My eBay Selling,  go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason, Problem with Buyer's Address.

If you are on the Seller Hub, find the item in Orders >>  Posted and Awaiting your Feedback.  Tick on the little arrow left of the item from the drop down menu which appears scroll down a little,  and cancel the order completing as above.

This will fully refund the buyer if they have paid, refund you your seller fee,  and your seller performance is not affected.
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent