Buy it now invoice

is there a way to send an invoice for items i have in a list for buy it now as every time someone buys some items they always pay straight away even though i don't tick the box to pay straight away

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Buy it now invoice

@andy20678 wrote:

is there a way to send an invoice for items i have in a list for buy it now as every time someone buys some items they always pay straight away even though i don't tick the box to pay straight away

Ticking that box doesn't mean buyers can't pay straight away, it just means they dont have to.  In other words you are allowing the buyer to pay either immediately or up to 4 days from that time (or whatever deadline you have set)

You can nevertheless find your sold item in seller hub on the desktop site, click on the drop down menu and click print invoice/packing slip.  You can do this even after the item has been paid for.  If you don't want a paper copy then save the file as a .pdf

As far as I know there is no way to send an ebay invoice direct to the buyer once you have been paid.  It is not actually necessary to do this, but if the buyer is requesting a copy of the invoice suggest you print one out and include in the package as method outlined above

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Buy it now invoice

I've heard from others that eBay have recently tampered with the set-up so that if people make the seller an offer then eBay takes their payment details and automatically takes payment if the offer is accepted.  Perhaps it would be worth checking your settings to see if eBay has been tampering with your preferences behind your back, and change them back again to deactivate automatic payment if they have.

One other thing that you could do would be to include something in your listings along the lines of "If you would like to purchase more than one item please add all of your chosen items and pay in one go, as I can then send all of the items out in one parcel, using the same tracking number."  That way it may help to stop people purchasing items on multiple listings and paying separately on each one.

In the event that eBay have tampered with your account and set it up to automatically take payments the moment a buyer commits to a sale deactivate the function so that it doesn't happen in the future.  If you were to do this and it subsequently resulted in you being able to send invoices out to buyers who make multiple purchases you could even go so far as to include something in your listings along the lines of "A discount may be available for multiple purchases - please wait for the invoice before making payment in order to receive the discount" so as to encourage people to hold off of paying before you've had the chance to get the invoice sent out (that's if you're willing to offer potential buyers a multi-buy discount).  If buyers notice that there's a prospect of being able to earn a discount on the overall purchase price then it may also result in more sales, too, which would not only be beneficial for the buyers in that they don't have to pay quite as much, but would also be beneficial for you in terms of an increase in overall sales per month.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent