Active items page, time left column has vanished

Anyone else seeing this?  Have tried it on two PC's.

Suddenly, yesterday evening, the column showing time left has vanished from my 'active items' page.

Perhaps a glitch, I thought. Tried it on two different PCs, same. Went into 'customise display' and 'Time left' is shown as an option, but greyed out, so I can't even select it.

Tried to post here and got rejected for 'flooding' the board with my only post. Shaking my head in disbelief.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Just checked,  and mine is still there,   and no one else has reported this today.

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?

Try using Chrome or Firefox too,  see if that helps.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I'm using Firefox.  You did see that this was on two different PC's?

Not the old "Clear cache and cookies" mantra.  It seems to be all that support ever have in their scripts, I expect better from helpful users (and I know you do often try to be helpful).

Even if clearing cookies solves a problem, that means, as any web developer knows, that they screwed up the backward compatibility in a change they made.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

So sorry not to be more helpful if you wish to contact eBay Customer Services they can add your account to the ticket for the tech team to look at.

You'd be surprised how many people do not know and then try clearing cache and cookies and it has helped,  so I had to mention this.  Yes, I saw it was on 2 PC's,  but not which browsers were being used, some are more compatible than others.  

Hopefully CS can pass your account to the tech team to view.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Do please come back if they give you an answer whereby you can yourself fix this issue, so if it does happen to someone else,  we can pass on the information,  thank you.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I'd start diagnosing this by checking if it is there but somehow hidden. In Firefox right-click the page, click "View source" (or FF's nearest equivalent) which should open the page source in a new tab. Then you can use Ctrl+F to see if "time left" appears somewhere on the page. If it doesn't then something is clearly wrong.

I'm not using Firefox but even on 1920 x 1080 resolution the "Time Left" column requires a horizontal scroll to see. I'm not sure if eBay preserves a customised layout within the account; have you tried clicking "Customize table" then clicking "Restore defaults"?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

That page is like an excel spread sheet. If you hold your cursor over a dividing line you can narrow the columns and it may appear. Or delete he columns you don't need?

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent