Account restricted for no apparent reason - please help

Hi everyone, 

I got my account restricted and I don't have access to my founds. I got generic, vague mail that some customers may not received their orders. I guess it's due to problem with tracking of 2 parcels sent from European Union to Australia. Tracking isn't updating after parcel left country of origin, but I got confirmation from the buyer, that the first one in fact was delivered (still waiting for confirmation of second parcel). In mail I got from ebay, there were "tips" what to do to remove restriction on my account - close all cases with buyers (I had none opened), provide fees payment source (already provided), provide tracking (none was missing), pay fees (all payed) and return money to customers that asked for it (none did). I talked to support and replied to that mail to review my case. Customer support said they will replay to ma mail in 48-72 hours, but it's already past that and I got no reply.

Did anyone had similar case? Do I assume correctly, that it's all because of this tracking problem? I have 100% positive feedback so far and no problems with any of my customer. My account is 5 years old so it's also not a new account case. What can I do to remove restrictions and how long can it take?

Best regards for you all

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Only eBay can remove that restriction from your account

I can only see a couple of issues with your account that might flag it up. Both are in your listing description. The first is this sentence "If there any customs due, there are on buyer to pay. Do you want to keep customs as low as possible? Send me a message, maybe we can lower it down to zero." which I'd remove as it reads as helping to avoid any customs fees, and it's an offence to falsely complete a customs label stating that a purchase for goods is a gift.

And this one may be misinterpreted as trying to get sales outside of eBay "You didn't found, what you were looking for? Send me a message. I'm offering wide verity of different option - from bits and budget 3D prints to best quality Forgeworld models in different schemes and painting levels. I have over 5 years of experience as a professional painter and I'm sure we will find satisfying solution for unpainted models."

Your painting is fabulous, by the way.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Hello,

You are registered in Poland so I can't advise but I suspect Vyola has nailed the problem .  

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Thank you for your replay, and I appreciate that you like my painting 🙂 I'll edit my listings in case you are right. When I get a reply from ebay, I'll update this post. Meanwhile, if anyone else has a feedback, I'm happy to hear it.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Defo what Vyolla has said. That bit about custom fees sounds really dodgy in the wrong context.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Great, I can't edit any listing, due to account restriction xD What do I do now? Should I just delete all listings?

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

The best thing to do, would be to request a callback from Ebay and try and find out why your account is restricted, i.e restricted from what and why, then go from there, because the fact you still have `live` listings should mean it can be sorted, meaning your currently restricted rather than suspended, the latter of which you can`t come back from.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

You may be restricted from editing your items for 2 reasons.

Being registered in Poland you need to log out of this UK site,  and log into www.ebay.com and try from there.

Secondly,  you have returned to selling after a long break,  have you registered for eBay's Managed Payments?  All sellers eed to do this to be able to list items for sale  and to receive payouts from those sales.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.com/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

@mad.moose.studio 

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes, account is resticted, not suspended. It doesn't make that much difference to me, as my founds are locked even if somene buys anything. I talked to support, 3 times so far. I got only vague answear that sometime they are verifying even old accounts (mine is ~5 years old and I got back to selling regularrly on December) and sometimes accounts got flagged by algorythm and they will review my case.  On Sunday, they promised to review my case in 72 hours, but nothing happened. On Thursday, they prosmised to do that in 48 hours, still wainting to see if that will come to pass.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

My account is 5 years old and I got back to regular selling on Decmber. I talked to support 3 times and nobody was able to give me reason whay my account was suspended. Everything that they ask me to do, was already done, even before my account was suspended. I replayed to the mail I got and support said that there will be review of my case, but they already failed to do that in a timeframe they stated. I talked to support agin to complain, still nothing happend. 

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

These are the UK boards and you are in Poland, best log into your designated site - https://www.ebay.pl/

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

I opened conversation in polish section as well, but I got no answear and there is no polish help center.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent