Zero collection

Back in January someone bought something from me and it's collect, only. Stated so in my listing for the item collect only. The buyer messaged me saying he was in hospital at the time and could I send it too him, I said no collect only. He messaged again 2 months while months later could I send it still, I said no collect only. He messaged a 3rd time saying when he's out of hospital he'll collect, yet another message he's now out and could I post the item to him again I said no collect only. Now 6 weeks have past since getting out and still he's not collected no replies to my messages nothing. In total it's been 3 months and 3 weeks. What gives. Word has it, but I want to be sure if a buyer doesn't collect there paid item after 3 months you can relist it without a refund. Don't ask who told me this. But is it true. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Zero collection

No, if the buyer doesn't have the item you will have to refund their money.    It's too late to do it via ebay so you would have to send as a payment from something like Paypal or by bank transfer.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Zero collection

You will have to refund but because of the delay you can't get your ebay fees back. 

You would be justified in refunding minus your expenses so subtract any unrecoverable fees from the refund amount.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Zero collection

So a buyer can buyer, promise to collect fail to collect there item then in the end the seller is at fault, so I'm poor somedays I don't eat I sold something the buyer hasn't collected now I've to find £250 wow nice 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent