New Royal Mail label layout

Why have they changed the label layout to include certificate of posting underneath the label, now I'm not able to print them on a 4 label sheet, have had to print them on A4 paper and cut them out to sellotape on.

Am I the only person this has happened to ?

Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Hi,

I have noticed the change in the label layout, although I use a label printer, it's still annoying when they mess with stuff.

Message 2 of 35
See Most Recent

I have just had to screenshot them, snip the actual label, then save and print. What a mega faff, hopefully they will stop doing it. I only buy letter size labels from Ebay to save my RM postage bags, but won't bother now. 

Message 3 of 35
See Most Recent

With a label printer are you able to just print the label and not the rest that comes up, may have to buy one if that's the case. An extra expense thanks to eBay having nothing better to do than think up new ideas.

Message 4 of 35
See Most Recent

same here i have a label printer so now the address is ridiculously small not sure how to adjust it

Message 5 of 35
See Most Recent

If you use "Print To Fit", it'll shrink down the whole A4 label onto a 6x4 label so the print is tiny.

But if you use "Actual Size", it'll just snip off the stuff that doesn't fit on 6x4 and print the label portion normal size. There's still a couple of lines of gumph at the bottom though, at least on my prints.

Message 6 of 35
See Most Recent

There should be an option to choose to print the certificate on the same sheet or not. Like others have said I can get 4 labels out of an A4 sheet of paper. Now its only 1.... Forget the extra paper and wasted ink its the extra time and messing around trying to copy and paste over to another document without te certificate.

Just leave what works alone eBay.....

Message 7 of 35
See Most Recent

I've just googled as it's done this to me. So for every 1 piece of paper I printed it's now 4 - Ridiculas waste - they need to change that back. Not only that, but they don't "stamp" anytthing. You take it to the post office and they print you a receipt, so the extra bit is flipping pointless to start with,

Message 8 of 35
See Most Recent

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Absolutely ridiculous! 

Message 9 of 35
See Most Recent

seem to have a problem with ebay royal mail postage labels on my zebra ! cant get rid of the certificate of posting so i can just print the label 

hello,
i keep getting the parameter is incorrect when up upload with turbo lister ! any ideas ! thanks !
Message 10 of 35
See Most Recent

It's a joke. The post office wont stamp this sheet because the online postage and reciept they give you is proof of postage.

What a complete waste of paper and also it's a Data protection issue with names and addresses on random bits of paper. Having to shred every one now.

Message 11 of 35
See Most Recent

No its happened to me also, Some  developer at e bay trying to justify his position again no doubt.

So instead of printing a label and taking a few seconds, we now have to screen shot it, go and snip it to correct size and then reprint it all which takes about a minute per label ,

why oh why do e bay keep changing things, just leave stuff alone and let people run their businesses instead of trying to be all fancy and changingf all the time ,

So E bay have now become the slowest platform on the planet to print a label ...well done excellent for your business model

Why attach a proof of posting when royal mail offices give you a reciept anyway which does just that for gods sake, talk about over egging the job ... no doubt an american developer that has no clue how the UK postal system works

E bay eh

Message 12 of 35
See Most Recent

What are you doing Ebay?!
A 1 second job, just turned into a 1 minute job per label!
Leave it alone, it was very good before, why break it?!

Message 13 of 35
See Most Recent

WHY. OH WHY, do they feel the need to mess thing up all the time, I use 4x labels per sheet and was anoyed that I have to waste 2 of the 4, now I'm wasting 3 of them, it's doubled the cost of printing the labe.

Please, please put it back the way it was, eBay (that's if they ever read the comments here.

In the mean time I guess we'll just have to get used to wasting more ink and paper.......

Message 14 of 35
See Most Recent

Went on ebay online customer support and the guy asked if he could spend a few minutes helping me, I said to him that if he was the idiot that thought this was the way forward then yes, he could help me. I told him to spiral up my complaint to the real idiot that thought that wasting more paper and ink, was part of ebays planet friendly ethos.

Message 15 of 35
See Most Recent

I cannot belive how stupid this idea is. What a wierd world we are living these days where people get paid for such a stupid ideas. It is probably the stupidies idea I have seen made by Ebay in the last 10 years of myself selling on Ebay. Just cannot believe it really.

Message 16 of 35
See Most Recent

Absolute ridiculous change for the sake of change. I always printed direct to envelope. Now it's impossible unless you want to print the whole thing on a sheet of paper and tape it to the envelope.

There are at least two other ways to print a proof of postage if you want one. 

By all accounts an agent tells me he has taken many calls of complaint......on deaf ears no doubt.

Message 17 of 35
See Most Recent

When you go to the print postage page scroll to the bottom. There's a link for "tell us what you think". It allows you to give feedback on the page. 

I did this and I gave it 1 star and explained how stupid it is.

If enough people complain they might think about changing it back 

Message 18 of 35
See Most Recent

too much messing about if they dont change it back, i think i just swap all postage over the evri where i can print a label off  without all this hassle and yes have a different kind of headache but this is ebay all over a pointless change when the postoffice give you a receipt anyway!

Message 19 of 35
See Most Recent

Oh BeJeeeezuz!

I thought it was me....

EBAY SORT IT OUT YOU MUPPETS

Message 20 of 35
See Most Recent