Item not delivered to global shipping hub

Hi there, I'm expecting an item to show up from the US, I'm in the U.K., and the item was due to be delivered by USPS to the global shipping depot in Glendale, but i got this message: 

We were unable to deliver your package at 11:44 am on March 23, 2024 in GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL because the business was closed. We will redeliver on the next business day. No action needed.

Does this mean the global shipping depot was actually closed, or are USPS being weird? 

thanks again

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Who knows but don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on the expected delivery date and if it doesn't arrive after this date, open an item not received case. It is up to the seller to chase delivery.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

If the item doesn't arrive by the latest estimated date of delivery that eBay have given you just do as has already been advised and open a case for Item Not Received.  At least that way you'll get your money back.

Going forwards, I would advise you to avoid purchasing items from sellers using the Global Shipping Programme wherever possible.  Although I have always made a deliberate effort to avoid buying from international sellers who use the Global Shipping Programme, there have been some occasions where I have made an exception and purchased items from overseas Global Shipping Programme sellers in order to get an item that I had been having a lot of trouble finding for sale and have found the postage rates to be extortionate to say the least, particularly with Global Shipping Programme items being sent from the USA.  Therefore, if you can find the item you want from sellers who don't use the Global Shipping Programme I would advise you to buy the item from one of those sellers in order to avoid paying over the odds for the item that you want to buy.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent