How to return an item if seller is not giving his phone number or email address

I am trying to send a return from the UK to India. It is the wrong part. The Seller does not answer any of my messages to him but to send the item back, the Parcel company insists that it needs the Sellers phone number and email address, They say it would be probable that the item would not get there without these and they need these details for Customs clearnace. What can I do?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

One thing to check,  go to your order details for the item far right under Order >>  Show Contact info,   you may find the information there.

If not,  and If the buyer is not happy to give you these details contact eBay Customer Services,  direct them to the messages you sent, requiring this information,  and the buyer is not obliging,  explain the courier system will not accept the item without this,  what do they suggest you do now.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi k.maidment, thanks for your post.

There is no need for you to contact customer services here. If the seller sent the wrong part, you should've filed a not as described return. In that way the seller is responsible for providing means of returns (a shipping label), so there is no need for you to go to a courier to get a returns label at all. If the seller doesn't provide you with a returns label within 3 business days, then you can escalate the case here, so we can step in and take further actions. If you need further assistance, please feel free to tag me here, and I will be happy to help.

In case you need it, here is how to file a not as described return.

Thank you,

Marco.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent