Evri price rises April '24

So true to form Evri have sprung a price rise without any forewarning. Although to be expected why the hell doesn't this company pre-warn so that all businesses & users can adjust their P&P accordingly. All listings now to be revised as I have never put more than a few pence on for tape etc. Do they give notice to their business acount holders? Why not? What possible reason for keeping it secret to the last minute, RM make their new price known weeks in advance so users can plan accordingly.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

I've just noticed this as well but one of the rates has decreased by the look. 

2-5kg used to be £5.96 - now £6.10

51-10kg used to be £6.36 - now £6.18

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

But , do you remember to add the 10-13% fees they add to the postage making 2.99 = 3.35 in most cases + packaging ?  Going by many of the listings postage charges this is a common mistake.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

I am a P2G VIP Customer and they have increase their Evri Prices. I have however just sent via Ebay a minute ago NO INCREASES and My Evri Account is not showing any increases, Both Ebay/Packlink & Evri still showing 2.95 < 1kg

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

I got an email from Evri a few weeks ago. 

I don't think Packlink have changed their prices so personally I'd just use them. 1KG parcel is still £2.94 with them, 2kg is £4.06, 5kg is £5.64 and 10kg is £6.12. 

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

That's odd my Evri is £3.10 for a 1kg parcel, the same as P2G

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

@technthread wrote:

I got an email from Evri a few weeks ago. 

I don't think Packlink have changed their prices so personally I'd just use them. 1KG parcel is still £2.94 with them, 2kg is £4.06, 5kg is £5.64 and 10kg is £6.12. 

I personally wouldn't use Packlink just to save 16p. I made a couple of threads going in depth with this, but ultimately, if packlink think the parcel is too big or too heavy (which will happen, regardless of how accurately you measured everything) they will just take what they think they owe straight from your available funds.

Parcel2Go have increased their prices for Evri, with the exception of the large letter equivalent service. This makes Yodel look more attractive as they charge still only £2.75 including VAT unprotected. (I don't add parcel protection onto my items, unless it's worth doing, because anything that goes via Parcel2Go, the couriers often don't want to pay up on the insurance.)

Also, note how difficult it is to make a claim with Packlink. They will come up with any excuse to deny you a payout in case of loss or damage. You should treat Packlink as uninsured regardless of what they say (thereby making Parcel2Go cheaper). 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Disgusting price rise and no doubt they've done it just because RM have increased prices and so don't see a reason not to. 

It all adds up. When I started the business I recall it being around £1.80 to send via Evri as a promo was on with packlink. Plus eBay had the occasional business fee promo. Now nothing and constant increases for everything. 

Tricky with new clothing too as some brands put their RRP of items in recent times. Some polos had an RRP of £70, now £80. Some t-shirts had an RRP of £30, now £35. That means the wholesale price is more expensive but customers generally want to pay the same for the items as before. 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I understand your point but I never do add any type of fee adjustment to P&P. There are other ways to factor in. The buyers sadly have no intention of thinking of the fee element & just look at what sellers charge against what they know or believe the cost to be & that influences them. So many buyers have never sold, so it's pointless trying to get the costs of overheads understood. Most times it's always the cheapest no mattter what.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent