Evri not collected parcel, no resolution 2 weeks later

Hi, I have sent a few items with Evri and they had all been collected from the parcelshop and delivered. But the last item I dropped off was never collected, I checked with the parcelshop and the package is not there. I dropped it off on the 29th Jan, so on the 2nd Feb I contacted Evri as there had been no updates with the tracking.  They did reply initially and said they were looking into it, but since then I've had no help. I tried calling them but cannot get through to a human and also on the live chat. Obviously I will never use them again as their customer service seems to be non-existent. The buyer has been very patient and hasn't asked for a refund yet.

What steps do I take to get Evri to compensate for losing the item?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

I am in this exact same situation.  It has been more than 5 days so, as their help section instructed, I opened a chat.  The bot response was very encouraging, something along the lines of

"I can see that there is a problem with this parcel and I can escalate this for you.  Or you can choose one of the options below."

But you can't get it to escalate, you can only do the other options, none of which are escalate.  The best bet is to get a call back but as it was late Saturday I have not had the chance to try that yet.

It has been a year at least since I last had to do this and everything has changed.  Back then if a parcel didn't track you eventually got a button on it in your account to open a claim.  I am hoping that still happens.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Did you buy your label direct from evri or through eBay packlink?

If it was through eBay you need to claim from packlink not evri.

Here's a link to packlinks help page to make a loss claim.

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014270619-EasyTicket# 

They only allow up to 30 days to start a claim which starts when the item was dropped off at the parcel shop or collected from your house.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

It was direct through Evri.  I have now managed to get as far as receiving an email from Evri support acknowledging my enquiry and stating they will investigate.   When I asked for a call back in the chat it actually took me through to reporting it missing, which is what I wanted in the first place.  

I hope this works.  In the past once it has got to this stage it has been dealt with. 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

I bought direct with Evri too and the last I heard from them is they were investigating the issue which was weeks ago.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I am currently getting an email a day from Evri telling me they are investigating. 

These emails can be replied to so I will give them a few days then reply and ask for compensation.

Can you reply to one of their emails?

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

I have done a few times, but they are completely useless. The only thing I can think of is at least getting the Evri postage cost refunded from paypal. Have they compensated you? 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

It has taken several days but  have now been invited to make a claim by Evri.  They have finished their search for it and have declared it lost.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Well, it took 3 weeks after I submitted the claim but Evri did finally pay up in full.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent