ebay closed my case through my error

So I ordered a microwave through someone that ebay called a trusted seller.   The item did not arrive during the estimated delivery time and I emailed this man or people 3 times but received no response. The third email I asked to cancel the order and receive a refund because my order showed 'posted' but that was it so it hadn't been sent out for delivery.   I also tried ringing the number given but was told it was unobtainable.    Unfortunately, when I meant to ask ebay to help in getting my money back I clicked on return but realising my mistake I immediately cancelled the label.  I am now told they have closed the case and I cannot get a refund or should I say 4 of the customer support staff have said I will get a refund and the rest say no because the case is closed.   So today I went onto ebay and put in the name of the Seller and the message came up 'sorry this shop was not found' so presumably they have either gone out of business or are not selling anymore on ebay.   Has anyone else experienced this with ebay?   It seems to me it is a case of  you made the mistake so live with it.   Will not be using ebay again to purchase anything over £20.00.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Ebay agents that told you the case was closed were right,as once closed you can't open another one.

Look to contact your payment provider for help,so your card issuer if you paid for the item that way,or pay pal to recover your money via a chargeback

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

You did not deal with this correctly I'm afraid. 

You do not contact the seller you simply open a "non receipt" case.  You certainly do not open a "return case" as how could you return something that was not delivered?

There is nothing more you can do with eBay. The matter is closed with them. 

If you used Paypal to pay you can open a case with them otherwise you can go to your payment provider

@barth610 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

It is hardly approppriate now, but to find a member you can use this https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent