Wring shoe box

I bought a pair of shoes that were advertised as new with box. They were authenticated. But when they arrived the box doesn't match the shoes. Messaged the seller and they said they forgot to mention this but they gave me a good price so I shouldn't be bothered by it. But it affects the value of the item and this should have been mentioned in the ad. If it was I would have taken this into consideration when buying them. Any ideas what I should do. The seller doesn't seem to care and I like the shoes but I feel a bit conned by them

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Wring shoe box

You like the shoes!  

All you can do otherwise is open a "not as described case" ["new with box would imply a relevant box"]. 

The seller will send a label for return and when you do will refund

Or not in view of first para!

@nasm.au.ytel1pdn 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Wring shoe box

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'd be asking eBay how the authentication team managed to authenticate a pair of shoes with a mismatched box as there was no mention of it in the listing description.

Do you want to keep the shoes or return them for a full refund?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Wring shoe box

As advised, you can open a return through Ebay and send the shoes back. They go through the authentication centre rather than straight back to the seller.

When you start the return, you can message the seller so, if you would be happy to keep the shoes for a small reduction, put that as a note.

However, the seller does not have to give a partial refund and may just choose to have the shows back to sell again.

Or, you can just keep them and wear them - and throw the box away/recycle it.

That's what I do when I buy shoes!

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent