Unfair dispute fees

Hi my name is Craig 19740191 I sold a dvd at the beginning of march to a customer a week later they made a dispute with eBay saying they hadn't received I asked them for a few more days for it to arrive they emailed me a few days later and said it had arrived and apologised but they still left the dispute with eBay open,now eBay have charged me for the item and £14 dispute charge can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Unfair dispute fees

That sounds like a chargeback through a bank.  EBay does not - as far as I know - add a fee for a "non receipt" case through the Money Back Guarantee.  

If you can prove delivery [by tracking] and by correspondence your bank may help. 

@craig19740191 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Unfair dispute fees

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

For eBay to have charged you, this must have been a credit card chargeback or similar and the £14 is eBay's admin fee for this.

I don't have time to look up eBay's exact t&c re. chargebacks, but they are supposed to indemnify sellers against non-delivery claims if they provide proof of delivery, or possibly even proof of posting - I would have to check.

It would be difficult to comment anyway without knowing when the buyer received the item, i.e. before or after the dispute was opened, also we don't know how you responded to the dispute.

If the case is now closed, which I imagine it as if eBay has charged you, I doubt you will get the fee removed now. Good luck anyway.

To read the conditions for youself, see (It's near to the end of it):  https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent