UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

I listed a ghost face funko pop and had a buyer

I was contacted for more information and pictures of the pop I was selling and as we were about to seal the deal someone else bought it. I then cancelled the listing. The buyer then offered to pay me privately to which I accepted and as I was about to agree for tracked postage the chat stopped letting me send him messages! If anyone sees this that knows the buyer please let them know I have the address and I am still sending it in the morning! Anyone have any advice on how to contact the buyer?? I can't imagine the anxiety of giving someone your money to then not being able to contact them!! Thanks!

IMG_7060.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

If they didn't pay through Ebay, because you agreed to a private sale off the site, you should send them a refund as you won't be able to get their address through the site.

Ebay do not allow the sale of fakes.

You should never have listed that item on here in the first place.

You have been given good advice here.

You need to follow it if you want to continue as a seller on Ebay.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

What you describe here is you and the buyer arranging an off eBay deal - that could lose both of you your accounts.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

I agree with plpmr the buyer is the one who purchased through eBay, you have arranged an off eBay deal depriving them of their selling fee and it is possible both accounts may be sanctioned.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

If they didn't pay through Ebay, because you agreed to a private sale off the site, you should send them a refund as you won't be able to get their address through the site.

Ebay do not allow the sale of fakes.

You should never have listed that item on here in the first place.

You have been given good advice here.

You need to follow it if you want to continue as a seller on Ebay.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

Thank you and to everyone else who commented. I feel absolutely terrible I am new to selling and had no idea how bad of a thing this is to do. I did sell it and thought it would be okay seeing as I had specified it was a fake but I completely understand how bad that was. I do feel terrible and hope this will resolve! Thanks for the tips and again I'm sorry

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent