Quidco on ‘Make offer’

So, eBay have changed the process for making offers. You now have to basically go through the buy it now process (select payment, address etc.) to make an offer. Fair enough. I get it. Probably too many people making offers, getting it accepted and then not paying. But before, I would make an offer, get the notification that it was accepted, open up the Quidco App, pay for it and it would register and track for Cashback. Now, I make an offer, it gets accepted the next day and the payment goes through straight away! So, I just made a £450 purchase and missed out on £9 cashback. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Quidco on ‘Make offer’

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Immediate payment is a setting sellers can chose, not all do, but yes, there are lots of things you can't do with Immediate payment, such discounts, credit options  and click and collect.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Quidco on ‘Make offer’

plum993
Experienced Mentor

The new make an offer with immediate payment does come with it's issues, as it is very restricted,so you can't pay cash,combine postage change address etc,etc............

Hopefully it will be updated at some point by ebay to include all the current exclusions.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Quidco on ‘Make offer’

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

If you're asking about it, ask here by all means. But if you want to complain about it, please complain to eBay.

Buyers keep on posting here about this. If they all contacted eBay customer support something might actually be done about it.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent