Private seller sold faulty fold-up kayak

Seller has sold about 7 fold-up kayaks, but says he is a private seller and does not accept returns. The kayak seat broke as soon as my husband tried it out for the first time. Seller takes no responsibility and does not respond to any of my messages now. How can I revise feedback and report this seller to Ebay? My husband says a less experienced kayaker could have gotten intor trouble using the kayak - I have gone round in circles trying to find a way to report this to Ebay. Does anybody know an email address I can use to raise my concerns? Thanks so much for your help. Susanne

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You can return the item as not as described if your within 30 days of the estimated delivery date,and seller would have to accept and provide a prepaid return label,and refund you in full within 3 days of getting the item back if you were to open a return.Cases can be escalated to ebay if a seller doesn't comply to the request.https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

Leave feedback to warn others keeping the wording minimal so it doesn't get removed,so somethin along the lines of "Seller isn't compliant with sales"

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks so much for your response. Unfortunately, we are over the 30 days limit. I had already left feedback and there does not seem to be a way of changing the feedback. We had said that item looked as described, but had not tried it out - issues became apparent when using item. Is there a deadline for revised feedback too? Susanne

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

you cannot revise positive feedback.

you could do a chargeback via your band and, or you could speak to CAB on the grounds that the seller is a business seller trading as a private seller in violation of eBay rules and the law - their sold listings proves they are not a private seller.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Adding to the advice given, you can add a follow up to your feedback by going to your feedback page, and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

******************************************************************************************