Postage

Hi, I sold an item with second class postage and the buyer's address has a PF and a BFPO number. I haven't seen one of these before. Does this make a difference to how I send? Or do I just need to write the PF and BFPO numbers on the packaging? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Postage

This is mail for the British Forces.

Just write the full address and any numbers present, from the delivery address sent to you from eBay, on the delivery order for the item.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Write the PF BFO numbers on the packages as they act as a kind of special postcode for each location,so items get sent to the correct address.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

As you use Royal Mail, you can take your parcel to the Post Office as usual.

As advised, copy the address from the order details.

Do not write the country on the parcel.

You do need to put a customs label on the parcel but the price will be the same for a UK parcel.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

Thank you for the information. I wasn't asked to complete a customs label to add to the parcel so hope it still arrives ok 😬

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

I have a feeling it is mandatory,  but hopefully you had your return address on the reverse in case of any issues it will make its way back to you.

@andmat-bl0sfsexa 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

Unfortunately not. Might have to go back to the post office 🤦‍♀️

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

I have just been back and as it's a UK address, she said I don't need to complete a customs form. I have written the return address on the back to be on the safe side 🤞

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

Oh that's a Must for all items,   you should always write a return address on the back, in case of any issues, non deliveries etc.

Yes,  go back to the PO hopefully the mailman hasn't arrived for a collection.

@andmat-bl0sfsexa 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

Yes, I should definitely get into the habit of doing that more than I do! Have been back and written it on the back now and she said I don't need to do the customs form as it's a UK address so keeping my fingers crossed it arrives with the buyer!

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage

That's good news,   all sorted then .

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent