Payment dispute appeal

Morning all, 

Feeling emotionally drained right now, trying to work a full time job and sell the odd few bits here and there to make ends meet and not have someone doing one over on me which is costing me dearly.

I've had a buyer say that an item I sold that was not as advertised, he claims that it wasn't new after 41 days of ownership and after leaving me feedback. He was aggressively demanding money back, needless to say I spoke to ebay and got him blocked. Since this was outside of the 30 days ebay buyer protection he went to his payment institute, and after 2 months give or take a decision was made in the buyers favour, no surprise there. This item was as advertised, was new and cost me over £1500 and now I'm currently left with no product and looking to be £1650 out of pocket once ebay take payment. Do I have any leg to stand on here at all? I've been with ebay for 19 years, have always tried to treat people how i wish to be treated and always try to be as open and honest as possible. Yet it would appear that as a seller I'm powerless to the dishonest. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Steve 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Payment dispute appeal

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Sadly ebay will charge you for the chargeback,

"When you are found responsible for a chargeback or other disputed amount as per eBay's policies, we charge a £16.80 dispute fee for each dispute".

Best thing you can do at this point is contact your local Citizens Advice.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Payment dispute appeal

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Unfortunately there is no protection for a seller with this kind of chargeback, you now need to take legal advice to try and get your item back. There's a site called the 'Consumer Action Group' where you can ask for help how to proceed here, there are lots of legal responders there and the advice is free.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent