Negative feedback removal

Hello,

Person purchased one of my items and after receiving it, immediately left a negative feedback. And reason for it "not as described". When I contacted buyer, the response was that she would never have purchased a used item. On my question, have you read the description of my item, she answered "no, I liked pictures and I purchased the item". (P.S. I have mentioned that item is used for around 35-40% in exactly 3 places). So buyer confirmed that she didn't read any information, yet immediately left a negative feedback and plus to that opened the case as "item not as described" to avoid paying for shipping. Today I have received an item and made a refund to her, even though I lost 32 pounds. When I contacted Ebay, they said that they can't remove the feedback on my behalf. When I try to fill the request myself, it keeps bringing me back to the Customer Service help page over and over again, in the loop.

So the first question, does anyone have the same problem? I have contacted Ebay agents via chat and some tell me that they have some technical issues, another tells me that this is just me, who doesn't know how to do that.

The second question, one of the agents told me that she will submit the request on my behalf, another agent told me that they can't do that. The third agent told me that it will be removed immediately after the refund. The fourth agent told me that it won't be removed, because it is not against the policy. Who is right? If this is not against the policy, does this mean that I can buy a blue pencil and then leave a negative feedback with words "I thought you will send me a new Ferrari!!!!". Doesn't make sense to me.

But yeah, for some reason I can't submit a feedback removal since after clicking on it, it brings me back on the same Help page.. Does anyone know what can I do? I requested a revision, but based on that persons profile, I don't believe she will agree.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

After 14 years of using Ebay, after so many years of the worst customer service, something is telling me that I am ready to diactivate my account and forget about Ebay. Decision of "only protecting the buyers" has been the worst that they actually ever made. What they gonna do when there won't be any sellers left after this "amazing" policy?..

Only 5 years ago you had to "prove" the reason for leaving a negative feedback. All those A4 letters, all those photos of defects. Now one click and no one cares. Apperently any reason will work.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

If you have sent a Feedback Revision request to the buyer, it does include provision for a message, and pointed out that the feedback damages your account, when she admits that she did not read the description, she might change the fb.

If not all you can do is leave follow up to the feedback, which will say more about the buyer than you as a seller.

Ebay will not remove it as they just accept it as the buyer's opinion.

One thing you should do is add her to your blocked bidders list.

Having now read the feedback, I am afraid that used perfume is not allowed, so a buyer would not expect it to be used. You are lucky that ebay have not noticed this. On reading your question I had assumed it was an article of clothing.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

You are in Finland and on the ebay.co.uk boards

Sign out of ebay.co.uk and then into ebay.com

Doubt ebay will remove it but try again once you are on ebay.com

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

I have also contacted Ebay on Facebook and girl mentioned that if the item was sold on UK website, then US link will be an incorrect way to fill the request (and if I remember correct, it also won't allow me). When she shared the link, it brought me back again to the help page, but on the US side already. I will try once more. I tried on 3 different browsers already. Feeling quite desperate.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Yup, didn't work. The same page in the loop:

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

I am selling it as "Other Perfume Collectables" and Used section. Why is this against the policy? Based on the search, there are thousands of thousands people selling perfumes. I also placed into this category based on the previous messages of other experts of Ebay Community..

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

On UK site, used cosmetics, including scents, are not allowed. 

I assume it is different in Finland,  although don't see why. 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

It's in the wrong category, perfume is not a 'perfume collectable'.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent