Item lost in post?

Help! I have proof of postage that I sent an item but buyer saying not received? Sent Royal Mail 2nd class but no tracking number as not sent tracked

what do I do? EBay's help function isn't good. Should I call eBay and if so what number do I call? Doesn't seem fair for me to have to send refund when my item is now potentially lost. What happens if (dare I say it) that the buyer is not telling the truth?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Item lost in post?

The rules are,   if you do not have tracking or the 16 digit number available on the proof of postage, to show and prove delivery,  you will have to fully refund your buyer.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Item lost in post?

plum993
Experienced Mentor

I'm afraid proof of posting only proves you paid for postage, not that it has been delivered,unlike a signed for service or tracked service.

If the buyer opens a case of not received with ebay you won't be able to prove delivery and so will have to refund the buyer in full.If you don't ebay will refund and place a defect on your account.

You can use your proof of posting receipt to claim from royal mail for a lost item.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Item lost in post?

What is unfair about refunding buyer if item is lost?

If you want proof of delivery which is the only thing that will protect you against claims of lost, then you have to use tracking. There is no protection at all for claims of NOT AS DESCRIBED.

If you were a buyer and did not receive a purchased item, would you not want a refund?

Proof of posting is only any good for a claim on Royal Mail,  however what they will pay in compensation is up to them.

Do you really think phoning ebay will do any good, this is something you have to sort out.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent