Inadequate packaging resulted in empty ruptured packaging being delivered - how to escalate

Hi,

I purchased a PlayStation 1 game which was shipped to me in a cardboard-backed A4 envelope.  The envelope arrived without its contents, having ruptured and spilled its contents before reaching me.  Royal Mail delivered the envelope in a sealed plastic bag (still sealed).

It appears the cardboard-backed envelope was a wholly unsuitable means to ship a chunky jewel-case game.

I've contacted the seller, but so far received no reply.  How should I proceed to escalate this?

Cheers

Rob

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Inadequate packaging resulted in empty ruptured packaging being delivered - how to escalate

You have to open a "not as descrbed" return rather than a "not received" case as the tracking will show delivery.   So click on "Return this item" on right of your order on your Purchases page and select "Doesn't match description" as the reason.    You will be able to escalate it to ebay after 3 working days.    

You will be issued with a paid-for return postage label.   The seller will also have the option to issue a partial refund without return or send the missing item but don't close the case before they do.    And if they try to delay you be sure to escalate your case within 30 days.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

That should have said "full refund without return", not partial.    But seller should get the packaging back if they want to put in a claim for compensation to RM.   That's up to them though.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent