I think I have been scammed by an eBay seller

I paid for a buy it now item (stamps) last night. Since then, the seller hasn't responded and when I click on the sellers account, it returns an error message "no search results" and "0 results". How do I report this suspected scam to eBay and get a refund?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If the stamps don't arrive once the estimated delivery date has passed then report not received to ebay here,https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/get-help-item-hasnt-arr...

In the mean time,look to upgrade your priveate account to a Business account on ebay as you are clearly selling as one,so you comply with ebay policies and the UK law.

Business seller policy | eBay

Failure to comply can get accounts restricted 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

You're probably lucky that you didn't get your stamps. The seller would not have been able to close their account after you had bought them, so eBay must have removed them from the site.

I take it you haven't seen any of the publicity and warnings about fake stamps, and being careful where to buy stamps? If they were fake everyone you sent them to would have been charged £5 by Royal Mail to receive your letters.

At least now you will get a refund, although th normal proceduremay not work if the seller is no longer on eBay. Ask here again if you reun into any problems..

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Fake stamps being sold on ebay can easily be seen by looking at the coding. Fakes are identical, real stamps every one is different.

I have reported a number, sometimes ebay remove others they just do nothing.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent