How can feedback be left on a purchase cancellation that was initiated by the buyer?

Buyer purchased an item and within minutes requested to cancel the order. This was done immediately and a refund processed.

The buyer has left neutral feedback simply saying 'order cancelled'. The wording would have anyone believing the cancellation was initiated by me, therefore detrimental to my overall feedback.

How is it even possible for a seller to receive feedback from a buyer requested cancellation?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

How can feedback be left on a purchase cancellation that was initiated by the buyer?

You left a follow up but you could have sent the buyer a message asking if they would accept a feedback revsion.

Personally,  I do not think this was left maliciously,  but the buyer was asked to leave feedback and did,  not realising his ambiguous post could be detrimental to a seller's account.

A neutral though has no affect on your % mark.

If the buyer still will not complete a feedback revision you can still send to them,  contact eBay Customer Services direct them to the message set by the buyer to cancel this sale, and if they can remove the feedback left.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Just to add that cancellation transactions do allow buyers to leave feedback

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent