Help

Im at my wits end borrowed some one my eBay account and I'm left with the bill my money as nearly all gone I need help struggling with communicating with eBay I need help 

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Help

If someone has borrowed / used your account and racked up fees, you are liable for those fees.

Can you come back here and tell us the exact details of what hhas happened here.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

I'm on antidepressants tablets and anxiety attacks I have paid out over £900 which I wasn't the seller I was duppet in to borrowing my eBay to him . I've phoned eBay several times with his address phone number and bank details.this is making me so ill .I have even applied for some of my pension to put in my bank account as I don't know how much he owes

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

I just feel like ending it all 

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

It looks as if you let somebody use your account and they 'sold' a lot of expensive perfumes which they didn't have or send.

The buyers have come back to ask for refunds and you have had to refund them from your bank account.

I really don't see that Ebay will be able to help you out here.  You obviously know that the person who used your account used it fraudulently and has cost you money.

You should turn to friends and family for help.  Sometimes, in very difficult situations, you do have to ask for help.

This is a really hard lesson to learn but you will recover from this even though it seems so desperate at the moment.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

I haven't  got the funds left in my account that's why I need help and I didn't know he was using my eBay for fraudulent use I was an old fool that's all 

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

So, Ebay should only be taking money for refunds from the account that all the buyers' payments went into - the bank account linked to your Ebay account.

What has happened to all of the money Ebay paid into that account?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

I'm only asking about payment to eBay because I don't know how much he owes I know I have to pay it back but if I haven't got the funds left in my bank account what do I do

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

They can't take more money than they have paid you.

If they are refunding all of the buyers who have bought perfume and not received it, there should be enough money in your account to pay them.  If they paid £35, for example, Ebay will refund them £35.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

@bigalex66 

Okay, so you let somebody else use your account with your permission, presumably you gave them your password. You are responsible for your account and what's sold on it. To be honest, the first thing you should have asked yourself is why would somebody want to use your account instead of opening one of their own.

However, the million dollar question here is what happened to the buyers payments - did they go into your bank account (I'm guessing not) or did your 'friend' change the bank account in your eBay account to theirs, so they've received all of the payments?

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

The 'seller' has been running a business from 'your' account and one of the negs says they were told the account was hacked?

Exactly what happened?

Perhaps have a word with CAB so you can give all the private/personal information regarding the person who has been using your account.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Help

If I understand you correctly, you were talked into allowing someone to sell things using your account. From the feedback you have received they were obviously not sending buyers their items. Presumably eBay is now charging you for the refund claims, and the selling fees.

If you allowed this person to use your account eBay is entitled to hold you responsible for these costs. I doubt whether eBay's normal procedures can do much to help, except perhaps in giving you time to repay them.

I think you need to talkto someone face to face about what's happened. I would suggest starting with Citizens Advice. You will be able to explain more fully how this happened.

For a start, I am sure that they will advise you that the police must be informed of this person's activities. The feedback indicates that these listings on eBay must have been placed for the sole purpose of defrauding buyers. Secondly, I think that someone representing you - or even the police - should contact eBay on your behalf, not just through customer support, but by using the contact details in the user agreement for legal issues. eBay management should be made aware of the distress and damage this is causing to your mental health. I would hope that eBay will appoint someone to try to come to some arrangement through your representative, and help you out in whatever ways they can.

Good luck, and I do hope you can work something out. If you're really at a low ebb, don't hesitate to call the Samaritans, at any time of day or night. Just having someone to talk to about a problem can be a big help in getting through it.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent