Ebay disabled my card funding (Payment method) under seller cost

So I am having an issue currently (not resolved yet) with ebay from a transaction that went off with a buyer. I kept the buyer informed of key dates and when the manufacture of the product could resolve the issue which was unrealistically longer than anticipated.

The buyer was given a temporary solution pending the fix and dispatch of the item which they paid for. 

I was unavailable for some time to respond to messages. The buyer raises a claim via ebay and I learnt from the buyer that ebay advised him to leave me a negative comment. Prior to this, my fund abilities i.e. which enables me to process seller cost was placed on hold by ebay. All these, I discovered as I missed the notifications and a few messages.

So I could not process a refund to the buyer due to what ebay did to my account (which I later on discovered). I eventually had to pay the buyer via PayPal. 

Now ebay are struggling to restore my funding ability I.e. I cannot select my card as payment method under seller cost. This is what enables you to simply process a full refund on ebay.

I find this whole experience very disappointing with ebay as they have shown that loyalty to them (as a long term user of 19 years +) means nothing and that they advised a buyer to leave me a negative feedback plus disabled my fund abilities hence making it impossible to process a refund through ebay.

Can someone advise if they have experienced this before?  I have been in contact with their technical support team via chat for more than 12 times within the last 48 hours with no luck what soever as they do not know how to fix the issue. I am then advised to add a second card to resolve it which I do not have. Can someone please confirm if they have had this type of problem before? Waiting urgently for a resolution. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Ebay can do this,which is why you need to access your account daily,to avoid issues.

It would appear you will need to add another payment method,but as you are still listing and selling not sure how that works if your original payment method is still on hold!

Setting up and changing your payment method for fees and selling costs | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

That also happend when you try to add another payment method.It reuses to verify / accept my card which is the same card that has been on the account for ages. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I can only suggest you contact ebay early in the morning when you will get  Dublin rather than later in the day when you can get German or Philippine agents,as only ebay has access to your account details.Sometimes you have to just keep trying.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Weekdays: 8 am-10pm
Weekends: 9 am-6pm.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for your response. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent