Buyer decides to much hassle to do a return then leaves neutral feedback

I sent a incorrect item to a buyer , I did not know there was a problem until I read the feedback he left me . Contacted Ebay to request removal which surprise surprise did not agreed to . How much longer is Ebay going to allow a buyer to leave bad feedback without first making contact with the seller . They decidded it was to much hassle to contact me or open a return but they still felt it was right to go a head and leave bad feedback which will now be on my record for the next 12 months . What happen to Seller Protection . My feeling is there is not any .

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"What happen to Seller Protection" 

you have a no returns policy, which you cannot have being a business seller, so why should a buyer bither?

Now that eBay are sending details to HMRC that's going to cause you problems.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

In this case you correctly sent the buyer three bottles of hand lotion, but unfortunately of a different scent to the one they ordered.

It's perfectly understandable that the buyer preferred to keep and use them rather than return them simply because they were a different scent. They had every right to leave polite and factual feedback to say this.

Sellers don't have a Divine right to expect buyers to trouble with return procedures when an item is still usable, even if not quite what was ordered.  This problem came about because you sent the wrong item, and seller protection isn't there to prevent buyers from truthfully mentioning mistakes.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent