Agent

How do I contact a agent please?

I bought something from a seller, which was advertised as two but only sent one. 

I'm returning it, but the seller continues to sell two items on her page but sending only one

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agent

Here you go:

Go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

@trhod44 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Agent

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

No need to contact ebay CS.

Open item not as described case, seller issues returns label, you post back for full refund.

Ignore seller excuses.

Escalate on day 4 if no label or refund.

Cases are automated.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

I've reached out to her and she said she will accept a refund when she does not normally.

Do I send it back myself or should I raise it through eBay? 

Also, she is still posting pictures of two items, and it's very misleading when you only receive one.

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Open a return through Ebay.

What is the item number?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Ok I will raise it through eBay, what about the misleading advertisement though? 

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

What is the item number so we can have a look?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

what about the misleading advertisement though?

It sometimes seems that no-one reads the user agreement today. eBay even warns buyers that "they do not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised, or the truth or accuracy of descriptions".

Buyers can't say they were not warned. Buying on eBay isn't like the shops. eBay is a jungle.

eBay does however provide buyers with a strong money back guarantee if an item is not as described. The important thng is to read and understand the conditions, exclusions and time limits, see: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

You can leave appropriate feedback to warn other buyers, and there is a link in every listing to report it to eBay. They will act on listings which contravene eBay's specific poliicies, but they never see the item concerned and are likely to leave reports of misdescription to be dealt with under the money back guarantee.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

You must open a not as described case, sellers do not have the option to refuse that sort of return, this seller has an awful lot to learn.

No returns only applies to change of mind returns, NOT AS DESCRIBED CASES prove expensive for sellers,that is the only way some sellers learn.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Thank you John.

How do I open not as described case please? 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Here you go:

Go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

@trhod44 

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Thank you @tressygirl  I will do that now.

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

You're very welcome.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Hey,

I'm doing the process right now and there is no item not as described for me to choose from the drop down.

Any advice please? 

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Agent

Go to item in purchase history.

Click more actions, return item, does not match description. 

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent